Ces 2015

ron-c

Addicted Member
For those coming to CES in January the McIntosh / Wadia room will be on the 29th floor of the Venetian.

Thanks,
Ron-C

That is kind of the idea of the show. Typically new models will show up on the web almost immediately.

Thanks again,
Ron-C

I know Wadia is owned by the same marketing holding company. Its going to be a strange having some other Amps, pre-amps, and digital processing in the same room. Some one might think Mcintosh isn't top of the line anymore and has to use others technology to get the best sound. What happens if some one in the room prefers a C500 or 1000 with a Wadia to a C2500, opps! Or how about a Wadia system driving Mac 100 or 200 speakers. I think Mac should stick with its own room, period. Would you dare have a VPI Avenger TT connected to A Mac system in the same room. It would really put questions in peoples mind about Clearaudio's Mac turntables. I'm kind of old school . It rubbed me the wrong way that Mcintosh used others drives for MCD 7000 and 7005 at the time, too. We used to rib Davie O'brien at Mac Clinics when he would open up a new unit and you could see all the Japanese and other foreign components inside.

What many do not know is that all of the new WADIA models are built and engineered in Binghamton. Since WADIA is built and managed by the same team it just makes sense to display the two brands together.
As far as mixing the two they technically do play well together but they are very different products in design and styling. The WADIA customer may not be the same as the McIntosh. Where McIntosh is high tech in an analog feel and function package, WADIA is more minimalist and very Digital.
As to the sonics and value you will need to experience WADIA then decide. Having another quality American built brand is a good thing.

Thanks again,
Ron-C

Last edited:
My daughter's in Vegas for her 21st birthday (What, me worry?!?! :) ). The high tech startup she works for has a booth somewhere in the mass of smaller exhibitors at the back end of the big hall. I told her she needed to find her way to the Mc room, but I don't think she'll get a chance.

My daughter's in Vegas for her 21st birthday (What, me worry?!?! :) ). The high tech startup she works for has a booth somewhere in the mass of smaller exhibitors at the back end of the big hall. I told her she needed to find her way to the Mc room, but I don't think she'll get a chance.
I doubt she'll be out of bed in time :)

What many do not know is that all of the new WADIA models are built and engineered in Binghamton. Since WADIA is built and managed by the same team it just makes sense to display the two brands together.
As far as mixing the two they technically do play well together but they are very different products in design and styling. The WADIA customer may not be the same as the McIntosh. Where McIntosh is high tech in an analog feel and function package, WADIA is more minimalist and very Digital.
As to the sonics and value you will need to experience WADIA then decide. Having another quality American built brand is a good thing.

Thanks again,
Ron-C

Interesting...... Is Wadia Class D amplification with a switching or similar power supply?

It appears that the newer TOTL Pioneer Receivers are Class D amps, until recently they were ABs on the better models.

I don't follow it, but it appears the price performance curves on the Class D chip sets (TI and others) are still making significant improvements.

Without window shopping how different are the price points Mac vs Wadia for the same output, price per Watt etc.....

Just curious.........I have enough gear for 3 lifetimes

Could you just imagine? LOL . . .

So, what else besides the D150? How 'bout an MC752 for us stereo amp guys?

Back
Top Bottom