KR-6600, NEW to me anyway!

dontmindme

Creature
Picked this up a couple days ago. Had the original owners manual with the salesman card attached from back in the 70's, had been setting in a stereo cabinet since then. I took it apart and sprayed the controls with deoxit, and cleaned everything else. NO, scratches anywhere, I mean anywhere. All inputs and knobs work great. Currently have a KX-1030, RT-707, PL-A45D, PL-41 and a Dell PC for digital hooked up to it. It's pushing a set of Klipsch Heresy II's. I needed a replacement for my KR-9600 that needs some attention (EchoWars may be involved, and thanks:D). I'm really surprised at the amount of bass this thing can push. It's got a loudness button, an acoustic button to increase the 50Hz by 6db and a bass control. All resulting in thundering bass if needed. All in all, a great find. I'll keep it!

Attachments

• KR-6600.jpg
    KR-6600.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 45
Nice!

That's a beautiful looking receiver. You speak of it with such joy, who couldn't be happy for you?

If anyone knows how to fix a KR-9600, EW certainly can. Good luck with the repair. You'll certainly have a nice replacement during the wait.

Cheers
John

Congratulations...lovely find.
Owning it complete with it's original manual and sales card is real nice!

That's a beautiful looking receiver. You speak of it with such joy, who couldn't be happy for you?

Well, when you put it that way it sounds kind of odd, doesn't it! Half of the fun in this is actually finding something! Sure, you can just buy something on that auction site....but, there's just not a lot of this stuff around anymore, and when you find it in such great condition it is kind of cool!

The other cool part about the whole hobby is listening to other systems and comparing the quality or differences.

The KR-9600 just needed a more intense cleaning of one of the controls, which I was able to accomplish. It's back up and running again. I guess the KR-6600 will have to be the start of another vintage system......

Back
Top Bottom