Kenwood Marble Stains

SoundsAlike

I'm wondering if anybody here as a method for removing the stains I see on a lot of Kenwood tables that come up for sale? I've seen with what appears to be rust like in the pic below.

xwQOk0f.png

I'm thinking it's not actually, granite or marble. I think it's a composite material like a Corian (DuPont) countertop. The stain is probably oil from the hand resting on the surface while working the needle. I'm sure if you look for something to remove stains from Corian, it'll work on the turntable. As with any cleaner, try in an inconspicuous place first.

KD-600 brochure says:
ARCB consists of limestone particles, glass particles and limestone bonded unsaturated polyester resin.

KD-500 brochure says:
"Construction of Cabinet is Anti-Resonance Compression Base (ARCB). This Massive ARCB is Compression Molded from Lime-Stone Particles, Unsaturated Polyester Resin, Lime-Stone and Glass Powder" Directly from the poop sheet for the table.

Concrete per wiki or some such place:
Is a composite construction material composed primarily of aggregate, cement, and water.

Corian according to the web:
Is composed of acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate (ATH).

Not that I have any idea what alimina trihydrate is but I can copy and paste so there is what we have.

Not that any of that is going to help clean the base you have. I have tried some of the finer finishing compounds without success. But I wasn't as concerned and stopped after trying that (plast-x from meguiar's or something like that).

Last edited:
Corian according to the web:
Is composed of acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate (ATH).

Not that I have any idea what alimina trihydrate is but I can copy and paste so there is what we have.

Actually, alumina (NOT aluminum) trihydrate is refined from bauxite and has two primary uses, aside from Corian - as a flame retardant, and in a modified form as an ingredient in deodorants. It's also used in paint as an alternative to titanium oxide.

BTW: Actual Corian uses pure acrylic; most other imitators use polyester or a poly/acrylic mix - which is cheaper but not as durable.

To go back to the main question, I'd give baking soda on a toothbrush a try.

Last edited:
Once you clean that small spot it'll look "cleaner" than the rest......sounds like you've started a project...!

I'd be concerned about cleaning those letters right off, better be careful around those.......things like bleach whitening toothpaste will take them right off?

Back
Top Bottom