Kenwood Eleven (II) WPC ???

You should hear a kenwood model eleven gx 125 wpc. i miss mine so much really rare and expensive now. averaging 3-5 hundred non restored enjoy your kenwood eleven II and III.

If you are talking about the Kenwood KR-11000GX there is one on the Goodwill website for sale. The problem is they won't ship it so you have to be in the Indianapolis area.

The Model Eleven II and III are awsome units. Bet you love them don't you? Great tuners and phono sections. I also own a Eleven II and a KR-10000 III (euro version of the Eleven III, has gunmetal gray faceplate). Manuals say 80 wpc @ 8ohm minimum for the II and 120 wpc @ 8ohm minimum for the III, trust me if you measured them it would be more. I maybe a little bias as I am a huge Kenwood fan, I own a big stack of them. Along with the above mentioned ones I have a Super Eleven 125 wpc, a Model Eleven G and a Model KR-11000 G (KR is euro version) both 120 wpc, 3 Model Nine G's (one parts unit) and 2 Model KR-9000 G's (once again KR's are euro versions) 80 wpc and a Model Nine GX 80 wpc that has lots of issues but it is cosmetically sweet so I have not turned it into a parts unit yet except for the lamps. I love the pre-in main-out jacks on these units as it makes hooking up an eq a breeze. Or like what I do and daisy chain them together. Right now I have a KR-9000 G and the KR-11000 G chained with the 9000 as the contol and driving a pair of speakers and the 11000 driving another set. It will clean slap you face off, not to mention make tsunamis in the fish tank (and kill the fish :thumbsdn:) I'm speaker hunting so I can chain in another :thmbsp:!
Timers are a issue, mostly on the Model Elevens, II and III. But I have a easy practically unbreakable fix for that (I got off here). If they work, correctly (and I SAY CORRECTLY) set them to the reset position and leave it. Lamps are another issue, of corse there are no exact physically sizes replacements. Many use Pioneer type wedge lamps but I SAY DON"T!! I have had to replace a few light housings, meters and dial faces because they melt them. Actually they make the housing crumble. Member Dwojo has the function lamps (FM, AM, PHONO ect...) that are only a little longer than factory that should not do damage. I'm gonna try some real soon as I have drained my supply of originals, as I rotate unit's I have to change a few bulbs in a few. If anyone has used these how did they work?
Don't get me wrong I'm not completly bias as I have a Sansui 60/60 and a90/90DB, a HH Scott 370R and a 380R, a Onkyo TX-6500 MKII and a Pioneer SX-980. I just love the looks of the Kenwoods, exspecially in a dim light/dark room. One word....GORGEOUS!!!!! Dang did I ramble on or what?? :yes: :yes: :yes: That why I useually just read and hardly ever post. Enjoy you Kenny's

tiretwister you are actually obsessed by Kenwood. :thmbsp:

I purchased an Eleven G ten days ago but did not receive it yet. I hope that the shipment will be okay, I fear the rude parcel personnel a bit... My Sansui 990DB and 9090 will look pretty small compared to the Kenny. ;)

The 11G is what turned my eye to Kenwood in the late 70's. Ive owned most models mentioned except the SuperEleven. Your right on with beauty, lights on or off. Makes the 1980 look bland. I gave my units away to friends and family to spead the beauty around.
Oh yea, they sound great!

Back
Top Bottom