Kenwood Eleven (II) WPC ???

Ghonk

GREG
Hi,Just joined the forum today after doing some browsing for a few weeks.I saw a Kenwood Eleven II that was just listed on ebay late last night,tried to do some quick research on a couple sites to find out the WPC.Two sites were listing it at 120 WPC,so i did a frantic buy it now for $99 shipped BEFORE IT GOT AWAY. Now today after checking a couple posts on the forum and on another site say it's only 80 WPC.Feeling a little bummed out now,kindda shriveled me up like a spider on a hot stove.Can someone please confirm the 80 WPC,i have prepared myself for the letdown so i should be ok lol.Sold for repair,which i know nothing.Hopefully it's only a fuse or a sticky switch. Have a few question on how to get it working again but i should probably start a new thread for that.

Thanks for your help,i'm feeling stoked again.With all the similar models from that time it gets a little confusing,for me anyway.So is the Eleven III also 120 WPC but only a newer model.I better reread some of the posts here,thought some were saying 80,maybe they were wrong.Tried to downlaod an owners manual for the specs,all i could fine was the III and i think the super or G models.

Last edited:
The actual audible difference between 80WPC and 120WPC is minimal in reality. Nice find in any case.

Last edited:
I have its service manual right in front of me and it states 80WPC, 20 to 20k. Dynamic output 340 into 4 ohms. Damping factor 50.

Thanks Dawoofer,now gotta figure out whats going on with it.Looks like it's in decent shape,if shipping doesn't kill it.After looking around some more the KR-10000 II seems to be the same model.Guess i will have to get the manuals from ebay,didn't find any online yet.

I had an ElevenII, it is indeed 80 WPC. The Eleven III is 120 IIRC.

The Eleven II was a very nice receiver. Sounded great too. The Eleven series also had the timer. Came in handy at night when listening to music after goin to bed. I bought mine in 77 while stationed in Alaska. Had it hooked to a pair of Marantz HD-88 speakers, a Pioneer CT-F9191 and a Dual TT.

Thanks sregor,tried that site yesterday.Must have been doing it wrong,all i was getting were ads.Did like you said and downloaded with no problem.

My bad I was looking at my III manual also, didn't read the II part of the OP post.

I love my Eleven II. It really sounds like a TOTL receiver, with just a bit less power. The 80 WPC rating is conservative, and it seems to push 4 ohm speakers better than my KA-8100 (75 WPC, dual mono) and Pioneer SX-980 (80 WPC).

It's definitety a great looking receiver.Even if i can't get it working and most or all of the lights work i can still stare at it in the dark lol.Should have it in a couple days.Was going to order some deoxit, guess i should wait to see if it arrives in pieces.

Sorry to resurrect and old thread.

I too have read conflicting reports on the Kenwood Eleven II as far as WPC.
One lists 120WPC and the other 80WPC.
Even on this thread there is conflicting information.
Just want to know since I'm tempted to buy one on Ebay.
$199 and it comes with AR-2AX speakers. Is that reasonable?

Lovely units regardless of power, and with the AR speakers it's a no-brainer if the receiver is in good shape.

Eleven II is 80 wpc. I have one and the power is fine. The receivers sound excellent and the dolby feature really kicks in the clarity on. FM. I also have the model eleven I at 60 wpc and I believe it has even better sound quality than the II so wpc isn't everything. I have Yamaha separates with 2 m70 amps at 200 wpc and rarely go over 10watts.

You should hear a kenwood model eleven gx 125 wpc. i miss mine so much really rare and expensive now. averaging 3-5 hundred non restored enjoy your kenwood eleven II and III.

Back
Top Bottom