KA-3500 Output replacements and drivers

harleyrider

Ive been searching around here looking for replacement #s for the Outputs and drivers for this KA-3500

So far all i have is (i hope these are correct) ?

MJE15033/15032
or
MJL21193G/94G These i think are still available from Mouser?
or
2SC2565/2SA1215 which i cant seem to find at all.

As far as the drivers i have not found any replacement #s yet

Anyone have these part #s Handy that are current?
Thanks for any help

Chris

Drivers: 2SC3902T & 2SA1507T

NPN's in stock. PNP's on order and should be available in a couple of weeks.

Those outputs are major overkill, and I don't know if the pinout is compatible OR how you're going to mount them.

I found them in older post , have been searching for replacements here noy much luck though. What would you suggest to use ?

Thanks

I don't really have a suggestion...my comment was more or less directed at the fact that pretty much whatever you decide to use will require some attachment method differing from the stock devices, since they are nothing alike.

Ok , well i just ran across those #s in a older post . I did read that it would take a little work to mount (maybe drill and tap) heat sink ? Or just drill hole and use a bolt and nut. Im not sure if they have the hole through them or not but im guessing that was what they meant by a little work to heat sink.

As far as my research and understanding the originals or anything alike arent available for a direct replacement? So maybe someone knows something different , please do chime in if so .

Thanks

Thanks again

If the pin arrangement is OK, then pretty much any of the new plastic devices will work fine (but you'll need an insulator, as most have a metal collector).

Drivers: 2SC3902T & 2SA1507T

NPN's in stock. PNP's on order and should be available in a couple of weeks.

So these you mentioned will replace C945 and A733 ? Im still working on this , i did find the Q21 and Q23 outputs are shorted . Not really sure what to test next so i made a list and locations for all before i start pulling and testing . I noticed on the board it is very different from Pioneer and Sansuis that i have worked on in the past.
As far as the markings for E,C,B, there are just lines or dots or both . Not sure how to read the boards by that .

Note i found data on the original transistors so now i know the leg out of them , just was a bit confused on the kenwood symbols is all .

Thanks

Last edited:
The drivers are Qe17 (Qe18) and Qe19 (Qe20), 2SC1735 and 2SA850. If you have a good copy of the manual, it will show you which PC board solder pad is which as far as collector, base, and emitter.

Thanks EW , didnt order manual as my co worker doesnt wanna drop much into it . Plus its a learning experience for me .Im doing this for him for free and to help me to learn , Hes paying for parts though. Im pulling each and every transistor and testing and replacing if needed. Im figuring the PC board symbols out as i go . Got that part now lol. I dont work on them everyday just here and there , i do like it and it keeps the mind working.

I do thank you

Well i pulled and checked every transistor
Bad are
Q21 Output
Q23 Output
and
Q13 2Sc945 which i have 512-KSD1616AGBU replacements on hand.

All resistors checked good

EW, Should i go ahead and replace the 4 you mentioned even though they checked well?

Back
Top Bottom