kr 9400 help needed

maclvrbr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently recapped the power supply and right left channels. My problem is low volume with a buzz even when knob is turned to maximum. I have the +14 and -14 voltages from power supply. Thanks for the help

kr 9400

yes. I am getting sound from speakers. The volume knob must be turned fully clockwise, but volume is low and has a slight hum. Ideas? thanks

All that comes to mind is the obvious...check your work, look carefully for broken wires (Kenwood used a lot of solid-core wires that are easy to break).

kr 9400

I have rechecked my work and would appreciate any other ideas. How can I diagnose the TA 7136p IC's if they were bad? I have replaced the 4558's as a friend gave them to me some time ago. Thanks in advance

Well, if you have a signal going in, but none coming out...

The 7136P is a single channel device, so I'd find it tough to believe that both devices are suffering from the same issue. Really need a scope here to follow the signal and see where it's being lost.

Low sound @ full volume From all sources including external? Phono, Aux, Tape etc.?

Tape monitor switch('s) came to mind.
Broken Wire like Echo said. Pinout Wrong/orientation On 4558's or no good. Put old back in, one at a time.

Last edited:
kr 9400

Thanks for the replys as I am trying not to pull my hair out. I tested aux tape and phono and all inputs gave me low volume with knob turned fully clockwise. I would love to find a broken wire somewhere to fix and actually have repaired 2 red broken wires that attached to the power supply and a few others on the power supply board as well. I am sending a pic of the 4558 opamps I installed. From what I understand the orientation was that the small circle on top indicated pin 1 on the tone control board. Any other ideas appreciated.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom