What Is The Most Underrated Piece of Audio You Ever Owned?

A Durabrand HT-3516 5.1 Walmart special

Durabrand_HT-3516_80_watt_5_1_Home_Theater_Surround_Sound_System.jpg

For being a $40 Walmart Piece, the sound was downright tolerable. It would actually get down on some bass as well.

8 years later I still keep it around, it's in my bedroom right now, but isn't getting used.'

Actually, thinking about it.... now I know where I can put it...:scratch2:

Fisher RS-1060 receiver. One step down from the top model (RS-1080) and only rated at 125wpc at 8ohms. This was a Sanyo model (made after Sanyo bought Fisher in 1975). There seemed to be a lot of resentment over that buyout which meant these receivers never got the attention they deserved.

I used that receiver with my JBL L150s, and at another point, also used it to power two pairs of Cerwin-Vega D-9's (4 speakers). I'm not sure what it was putting out into that ~4ohm load but it was pretty amazing. It was at least as powerful as the Pioneer SX-1050 I had, if not more.

wow a walmart special lol anyone had great listeneing experience with lloyds realistic woolworth candle quasar or sears specials

Klipsch Tangent.
I tripped over this pair of 400's (Heresy 2's in a larger ported cab) for small money and though I am no bass monger, they walk over my stock H2's. Admittedly a little lighter duty cab, but with some bracing they tightened right up.

wow a walmart special lol anyone had great listeneing experience with lloyds realistic woolworth candle quasar or sears specials

Absolutely. And I'm not alone. I won't claim Realistic gear was better than the TOTL from the big names, but they put out some nice pieces that more than held their own. E.g. STA-2080, 2100 & 2300 receivers, LAB 300 & 400 turntables, many models of Nova, Optimus and Minimus speakers, etc, etc, etc... Tandy designed most of these pieces in-house and had them produced by reputable manufacturers.

I have a pair of $20
philips headphones that are pretty darn good. (minijack connects)

You know you don't hear enough about some of the older Stax phones.
I have a pair of Lamda's and its appropriate energizer.
Simply amazing yet spoken so little about.

Matt.....tubeornotube

my Bogen DS-225. I've actually never run into anyone that has heard one. The only other person that seems to have owned one is the guy I bought this one from, and he never ran it I don't think. Its a wierdo little amplifier with Bogen's typically eclectic circuitry design and absolute disregard for cosmetics but man does it sound nice.

I have some RCA black plastic speakers that sound darn good. 6" full range drivers with ports on top and bottom sides. The have a chrome center...

Very good bass at low volume...

I honestly like the JVC XL-M401 CD changer I have. I know for the most part CD changers tend to get looked over, especially a JVC. Pretty heavy unit made in '89, sounds pretty great for the $5 I paid.

Kenwood KA-3500 integrated. I think some of the best sound out there for under $200.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom