Curbside find. Yamaha AX-900.

well??

When are you gonna knock on this guys door, introduce yourself, and explain that if he head any gear he's thinking of letting go, you would be glad to support him in so doing?? WTF? The worst could happen was he'd shoot ya!

And I thought ns 690s for $50 was a serious score... :rolleyes:

That is some awesome luck. Nice find!

I need new neighbors. All mine leave out are VHS units and cheap department store all-in-one systems.

Tapatalk on SGS2 ICS

One time I was riding home from work and found a Sony Blue Ray deck on the curb . As I was looking it over I noticed a purse there as well and then saw a guy coming out of the window of the house these were in front of . The guy was burglarizing the house !! So I rode across the street and called the cops . Sometimes people dont willingly put these things out on the curb .

I also picked up an AX-900 on a Craigslist "curb alert" back in July. I couldn't believe the guy was just tossing it out. Everything worked fine and it is about a 7.5 on the Audiogon scale. This is a very high quality amp. I guess the guy couldn't stand not having a remote or two channel just weren't enough for him anymore.

This is the best find I've ever had on audio gear.

I also picked up an AX-900 on a Craigslist "curb alert" back in July. I couldn't believe the guy was just tossing it out. Everything worked fine and it is about a 7.5 on the Audiogon scale. This is a very high quality amp. I guess the guy couldn't stand not having a remote or two channel just weren't enough for him anymore.

This is the best find I've ever had on audio gear.

Nice headphones..

I've been using one daily for the last few years. The preamp is starting to break down a little - switches keep going out. 130wpc from the late 80's with a very nice phono section... awesome find.

A closeup of the transformer. It's massive, says so right on top:

ps.jpg

If you have access to an honest, competent tech, this should be an easy fix.

I had a C-45 preamp and an R-9 Receiver with noisy/failing switches and Tech charged me less than $60 to repair each unit.

Back
Top Bottom