Rack mounting M-80 and MX-800s

Bubo

Any suggestions on ears for a 19 in rack or would they be better off on a shelf to prevent warping the enclosures?

It's called a PC2002M or PC4002M :). I don't think you can just add rack ears to either of those because the front panel and frame were not designed to support the weight. You should see the front panel of one of the PC's - it's THICK.

jblnut

It's called a PC2002M or PC4002M :). I don't think you can just add rack ears to either of those because the front panel and frame were not designed to support the weight. You should see the front panel of one of the PC's - it's THICK.

jblnut

Thanks, I think they actually made rack ears for the home models of the amps, my gut feel is that they will end up on a shelf, but I want to see what's out there first.

The manual for the M-80 shows how to mount the rack ears. I have my M-80 and a couple of C-80s mounted in a Yamaha rack. Actually, I won the ears on eBay and the seller asked if I was interested in the rack. Of course I was.

I don't think many of these amps were sold with the optional ears. The ears are either quite rare or at least are not sold often.

Happy listening to all :music:

The manual for the M-80 shows how to mount the rack ears. I have my M-80 and a couple of C-80s mounted in a Yamaha rack. Actually, I won the ears on eBay and the seller asked if I was interested in the rack. Of course I was.

I don't think many of these amps were sold with the optional ears. The ears are either quite rare or at least are not sold often.

Happy listening to all :music:

Thanks, can you post some pics?

No warping?

Thanks, can you post some pics?

No warping?

I don't understand your question about warping? The ears hold up the M-80 no problem. And the rack is uber strong. Could probably put another 20 or 30 pounds on top of the M-80 w/o ears and it would be fine (although I wouldn't want to stress the M-80 case like that for no reason).

How do folks put pics into the body of the message instead of as an attachment like I am doing here?

Attachments

• P1000148 (2).jpg
    P1000148 (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 69
I don't understand your question about warping? The ears hold up the M-80 no problem. And the rack is uber strong. Could probably put another 20 or 30 pounds on top of the M-80 w/o ears and it would be fine (although I wouldn't want to stress the M-80 case like that for no reason).

How do folks put pics into the body of the message instead of as an attachment like I am doing here?

I had the same question.

You post the pics on photobucket or similar and link to them.

Yes concerned about the equipment frames warping, not the racks

If you uploaded the image to AK, open your attachment in another window and copy the link into the "Insert Image" just like you would link to an external image.

attachment.php

Agree on the rack ears, I have a few and they are factory, intended to support the gear in a rack, and do so wonderfully. I don't have one of those cool Yamaha racks though. I have to settle for a couple 2-post relay racks.

Unless you catch a fluke deal, they are a bit rare these days and command high prices.

If you uploaded the image to AK, open your attachment in another window and copy the link into the "Insert Image" just like you would link to an external image.

Thanks brutal, I'll try that next time. And am happy with the C-80s from you.

Back
Top Bottom