new to me cr-640

se7en8n9ne

hello all
so today i should be recieving a yamaha cr-640 and was wondering if there is anything i should be on the look out for?
so i already know it needs "dial" lights and i know i want to do the heatsink mod if i can figure out which heatsink to get.
is there anything else i could do to get the most out of my newly acquired
cr-640?

Do the heatsink thing... look for some old motherboards. They often have a variety of heatsinks that you may be able to modify for use. I found these and didn't need to mod them at all - they fit perfectly. Just fabricated a backplate to secure them to the module.

Then adjust the DC... should be test points near the relay. be VERY careful not to short them together or to the chassis though... use grabbers or clips... and follow the correct procedure, found here

Yamaha n40 pre-drivers... they got up to about 110F just while adjusting and testing. So I pulled some rather nice heatsinks off a couple computer motherboards, and they fit like they were designed for these things. Pics are worth a thousand words, so here you go.

IMG_20121009_220940.jpg

IMG_20121009_221018.jpg

IMG_20121009_223657.jpg

Last edited:
thank you very much. i have a lap top that needs to be taken to recycling maybe i'll open it first.
merrylander (i believe it was) put his heat sinks somewhere else. is there more than one spot that creates too much heat?

thank you very much. i have a lap top that needs to be taken to recycling maybe i'll open it first.
merrylander (i believe it was) put his heat sinks somewhere else. is there more than one spot that creates too much heat?

Nope... that's where he puts them. Though he specified a specific spot on the module where he attached it if you use just a standard TO-202 size heatsink because they're smaller, The one I used covered the whole thing from side to side.

Back
Top Bottom