Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I just purchased a Pioneer CF11 FM converter on e bay. I think it will be handy for tube radios that do not have an FM stage. It uses screw type connectors for the outputs.
My apologies if I outbid an Aker.

Why are these Pioneer speakers so unknown? Made between 1975 and 1977, they are rated at 120 watts...the ellusive CS-811. Just picked them up a couple of months ago. There is almost zero info on these in the states.

Pioneer Tube integrated amp

Finally got this old beast working. I know its rare because while trying to restore it information was hard to come by.

Pioneer SM-801.

Attachments

• P1050958.jpg
    P1050958.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 153
Oh wow I'm.jealous. your 801 is real rare gem. I'm waiting to score one for years. For sale? :)

Hey Teti, you're the first person I've come across who has heard of this thing.
My father in law purchased this new in Japan while stationed there in 1960.Being a complete amateur it took me along time to get it working, thanks to a lot of generous help from AK, it now sounds great.

Cheers

pioneer cs-63dx

There are so many really cool and fantastic pieces here!
I dig and search always for nice components. picked up a nice one owner system recently. original paper custom teak cabinetry speakers are
CS-63dx PW-A30 drivers, PM-500 mids and PT-100 highs DN-31 crossovers
I have not found out too much information about this particular speaker group. but they are as new as a guy can find.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 90
Hi

I am a newbie. Picked up a Pioneer PL-50L turntable similar to the one shown here:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PL-50.html

I am trying to get info on this model but there is not much on the Net. The service manual at hifiengine is in Japanese (which I don't read) and there are various Youtube videos which appears to be in Russian.

I will be very interested to hear from anyone else who has this turntable and info on how to maintain and service it.

For example, when I lift the cover off the end of the tonearm, there is a well with fairly viscous oil in it. Unfortunately, in my case, there is also a disintegrated insect which is bugging me (pardon the pun). Do I remove the oil and replace it? What do I replace it with?

I had been searching for a second TAU-11 with cover and cable for over 5 years for my RT-2022 with 4/4 head.

Scheduled delivery tomorrow!!!!

Now the hunt continues for the elusive JT-211 remote that goes with it.

There are so many really cool and fantastic pieces here!
I dig and search always for nice components. picked up a nice one owner system recently. original paper custom teak cabinetry speakers are
CS-63dx PW-A30 drivers, PM-500 mids and PT-100 highs DN-31 crossovers
I have not found out too much information about this particular speaker group. but they are as new as a guy can find.

Sweet :banana:
He must have replace the drivers, as original CS-63DX has these drivers:
parlantes-pioneer-cs-63dx-1312527387.jpg

pioneer-cs63dx-1.jpg

pioneer-cs63dx-1.jpg

Hi

I am a newbie. Picked up a Pioneer PL-50L turntable similar to the one shown here:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/pioneer-PL-50.html

I am trying to get info on this model but there is not much on the Net. The service manual at hifiengine is in Japanese (which I don't read) and there are various Youtube videos which appears to be in Russian.

I will be very interested to hear from anyone else who has this turntable and info on how to maintain and service it.

For example, when I lift the cover off the end of the tonearm, there is a well with fairly viscous oil in it. Unfortunately, in my case, there is also a disintegrated insect which is bugging me (pardon the pun). Do I remove the oil and replace it? What do I replace it with?
Not an expert in these, and if you search you will find a pretty wide range of what people are using, but think the most common is 300,000 weight silicone oil, available at many hobby shops.

Just put my M-25 power amp back into my main system, fed by a McIntosh C33 and driving Vandersteen 2CE speakers. It's an extremely pleasing combination.

Back
Top Bottom