seperate pre-amp alternative, RX-770 or what?

gentlejax

im eyeballing a RX-770 right now to run as tuner /pre-amp to some mx460 amps I am getting today in a trade.

pre-amps are more expensive than I realized so integrated is the way to go at the moment.

I Have a Luxman but not sure how long I will hold on to that one, and a Harmon Kardon AVR20ii but its actually my moms she wants me to sell.

I found a cheap rx-770 and I like the looks and the lack of bs I dont want anyhow.

is there a better yamaha I can look for under $100? or is the 770 solid?

I've pretty much narrowed it back down to Yamaha just cause feature wise and built they were always hard to top.

But now I can't decide between the rx-v770 / rx-v850 /rx-v1070/ rx-v992

They al seem to be built like tanks.

ive looked at so many yammies.....I wish I had kept my 2095 now cause it would be just fine for running the pair of mx460's I now have.

onl;y reason I havnt bought the 770 yet is cause it doesnt have sub out and i would like to have that so I am looking at the 1070....

anyone have one they would like to part with?

The brutal family has both an 850 and 992 still in rotation. I gave one to each of my sons. I bought the 850 second hand for a garage setup and the 992 new for one of my first HT setups.

I have an RXV1000 5.1 from early 00's and RXV663 7.1 for sometime now. Both handle chores for HT for us. Looks like 770 is kinda in middle.

I have an RX-770 that we bought new in 1993. I prefer the sound of my Marantz 2275, BUT- that is probably because of the more extensive preamp tone controls that make things more to my liking. The 770 is a very well built and solid amp, and along with the remote control makes it a great all around package with power to spare. The only problem is the source selector control which usually gets flaky by this time. Apparently there is no replacement available, but you can improve it with DeOxit. The unit does have preout/power-in jacks, so that is also a plus.

It is much better than you might think considering how cheap you can sometimes buy one....

im eyeballing a RX-770 right now to run as tuner /pre-amp to some mx460 amps I am getting today in a trade.

pre-amps are more expensive than I realized so integrated is the way to go at the moment.

I Have a Luxman but not sure how long I will hold on to that one, and a Harmon Kardon AVR20ii but its actually my moms she wants me to sell.

I found a cheap rx-770 and I like the looks and the lack of bs I dont want anyhow.

is there a better yamaha I can look for under $100? or is the 770 solid?

Back
Top Bottom