dummy question, yamaha mx460's...what do I need to work them properly?

gentlejax

I havnt got them yet but am and I dont currently have anything other than a Luxman R-115 ....I hadnt thought much about any of it as this was rather sudden but what is the proper whay to run these things ?

I have never had seperates. I just got rid of my AVR ...

I read something and then it occured to me I need to be careful on what I do with these and using correct equipment.

I just realized I literally dont know what I need. do I have to have a pre-amp and seperate tuner or can I buy a pre-amp with a tuner and run this. ?

I am going to get a yamaha what ever I do get for these . just need advice.

I know the guy has a C-40/c-45/ c-50 .... but I didnt ask him about them. I think he wants $100/$150/$175 ....

or I could get an older great integrated Yamaha for now as they are really cheap. I dont have a lot to throw at this right away

or can I get them cheaper ? I am not in a hurry, I Just need to get these while I have the offer on a trade.

Last edited:
You need something with a pre-out RCA on back. The MX's are strickly power amplifiers. You need something to use for a pre-amp and switching. If your Luxman has pre-out jacks you can easily use the Lux for a pre-amp. The R-114 has'em maybe yours does as well. But you can only use one of the MX's. Get a pair of Y-adapters and you can use both the MX's.

Last edited:
I have a MX-460 playing right now. With a CX-800 pre-amp , CA Azur CDP. and NS-690's. Allan Parsons Pyramid sounds super.:music:

You need something with a pre-out RCA on back. The MX's are strickly power amplifiers. You need something to use for a pre-amp and switching. If your Luxman has pre-out jacks you can easily use the Lux for a pre-amp. The R-114 has'em maybe yours does as well. But you can only use one of the MX's. Get a pair of Y-adapters and you can use both the MX's.

I do have y adapters ...lol....

I will need to check the Luxman...Doing some quick ebay looking I see some receivers dont have the pre-outs.

I thought I wanted seperates but I think I should be able to get an older nice yamaha reciever with pre-outs and not have to have tuner and seperate pre-amp (but then again I love the old stuff and seperates...lol)

I am doing this mainly cause I wanted seperate amps instead of an AVR with internal amp and TONS of crap I dont need. I Just need this for stereo music...4 speakes and a sub..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom