CT-800 Dial Lamp

try1256

Has anyone ever replaced the dial lamp in a CT-800? Got the meter lamps from Dwojo and they look great but the dial is still out. Where it hooks to the power supply, it is labeled "led" so I thought maybe it was an led and since the meter lamps were out it killed the circuit. I was wrong I guess. It looks like there are a couple of tiny screws that have to come out on the pointer to get the lamp out. That scares me to death. The tiny part that is. The tuner is dialed in great and I don't want to do anything to screw that up. Thanks for the help.:music:

Yes the two tiny screws need to be removed. There is and incandescent lamp inside the pointer housing.

That scares me to death. The tiny part that is.

No guts, No glory..:D

Thanks for the encouragement :lmao::worried:

Any other guidance that might be helpful?

Be very,very careful..LOL. Keep the soldering iron as far away from the dialcord as possible .KEY !!!
Don't sneeze!!

When I looked at it. It seemed that the dial strings were attached to the plate that the tiny screws held on. Is this not the case?

When I looked at it. It seemed that the dial strings were attached to the plate that the tiny screws held on. Is this not the case?

Once you get the two screws out. the pointer assembly will seperate into two parts. No need to even mess with the dialcord.The upper portion will remain attached to the cord.Theres enough give in the cord to lift it off the lower piece and slide the bad lamp out and the new lamp in..Reposition the top half over the bottom piece and reinstall the two tiny screws.Now all you have to do is splice the new pigtails into the old wires.

Thanks for the infos guys, exactly what I needed for my CT-610. The bulb is already here, but I didn't dare to touch the dial yet.

Once you get the two screws out. the pointer assembly will seperate into two parts. No need to even mess with the dialcord.The upper portion will remain attached to the cord.Theres enough give in the cord to lift it off the lower piece and slide the bad lamp out and the new lamp in..Reposition the top half over the bottom piece and reinstall the two tiny screws.Now all you have to do is splice the new pigtails into the old wires.

Thank you my friend. That makes it sound much easier. One more question, is it a different lamp than the meters?

Well. Should have gotten it done by now. Grandma was a little slow. But she's pretty old.

Finally got around to it last night. Got the two screws out and sent sent a photo of the bulb to Dwojo. He is sending me a new one. Those little screws were in tight but I managed to get them loose without stripping them. Won't be long now.:banana: Thanks for the help.

Got er' done

Shout out to dgwojo for helping me out. :banana::banana::banana::music:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom