CA-810 Source Selector Switch

try1256

I am having a little problem with my source selector that I can't seem to solve.
I have my KLH TNE 7000a connected through Tape monitor 1 on the amp. When I listen through it, occasionally, one of the channels will get fuzzy or drop in volume. When I wiggle the switch, it will come back. I have cleaned the source and record select switch twice now to try to correct the problem but it still persists. Phono, tuner nor aux have exhibited this symptom. I don't believe it is the KLH unit because working the switch seems to correct it temporarily. Is there anything else in the circuit that could cause this? Thanks, :music:

Does these switches looks like that (picture 1 ) or like this (picture 2 ) ?

Attachments

• DSC04118-R.jpg
    DSC04118-R.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC04119-R.jpg
    DSC04119-R.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 29
Does these switches looks like that (picture 1 ) or like this (picture 2 ) ?

probably more like picture 1. They are kind of hidden beneath the circuit board but you can get to an opening in the case to spray cleaner in them.
I didn't think they were so long but I might not be able to see the whole thing.

Sorry but I don't have any in stock
The best way to cancel your problem is to open it and clean it yourself without "magic spray" !
:banana:

try1256 if you can get a number of the switch I may have a spare. PM me because I do not read this foum very often

Back
Top Bottom