Cr-640

jameswei

I just pick this up, hook it up, only left channel works. Switch to mono instead of stereo both channel comes up. Anybody knows whats going on?

I just pick this up, hook it up, only left channel works. Switch to mono instead of stereo both channel comes up. Anybody knows whats going on?
Dirty input select switch most likely..

I only spray on it, didn't take it apart. Should I?

Well if it looks like one of those in the first photo.You just about have to take it apart and scotchbrite the contacts. They are usually so tarnished there black instead of shiny silver.And there is really no way to get the deoxit on the metal contacts unless you disassemble them.

I am thinking about recapping this Yamaha, where should I order my caps? Do you have a suggestion?

I recommend you diagnose and repair the channel drop-out before doing anything else!
My experience: things a much more likely to work out better that way, although I suppose a bad cap is a remote possibility.

I recommend you diagnose and repair the channel drop-out before doing anything else!
My experience: things a much more likely to work out better that way, although I suppose a bad cap is a remote possibility.

Very ,very remote.

Back
Top Bottom