Lone Star Bottleheads Austin Pictures Online Now

Dammit. I would have LOVED to have been there.

GREAT pics, looks like a whole lot of GOOD sound.

Cheers,
Russ

Wards,

When/where is the next meeting? Think it would be a great learning experiance if it's within driving distance. Besides, I would love to hear some of that gear!! :yes:

-Dave

That black atma-sphere amp was hella cool looking! How much does that puppy go for?

Luther, welcome back. One question about your "meetings". It looks like you guys always have a bunch of cool stuff to look at and listen to. Whenever I've gotten together for such gatherings one of the "problems" was listening to everything or giving each piece enough time to fairly evaluate. With all the great stuff you guys have has that ever been a problem?

MikE

It can get out of hand, if you don't keep control. A "noise nazi" doesn't hurt either. :D

Seriously, you have to have some sense of order. The host or appointed person will help to keep things on track. Most gear will determine if it stays in the system very long. I have had most problems with listening rooms that are to close and fight each other. Then you just have to take turns listening at level. It's also good to have a "talking" area away from the listening. You ask people to take their discussions aside to keep from bothering those who really want to listen. Mostly just have some common sense and things will go well.

As for the next meeting, still trying to get somone to step forward in the Dallas area. The next meeting may not take place until after Christmas, as our traditional every two months puts us into December. I'll post when we know something.

I'd be happy to host, if a *place* is what you need. I'd also be happy for someone to 'take charge' and run the show - so I can get my listen and learn on.

I've got a variety of speakers, and lots of SS gear - just breaking into tubes though - my first tube pre should arrive this week. I know that doesn't help with the 'bottlehead' side much - but the offer is open.

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited:
Much more than your Red Jeep, if that helps. 1 st time I ever saw or heard one. I did talk with a guy that had bought a proto type and he said that you can add or remove the power tubes according to your needs or wants.
What part of town you live in Russ?

Back
Top Bottom