Cobblefest MKII - Countryfest!!!

Kinda funny, I fell asleep for a few mins on the way home, and I woke up to find Jaylene adjusting the tone controls on her radio. When I asked her what she was doing...she said it "sounds like crap and I can't get it to sound good". I thought it was pretty hilarious because she's never cared before...:D

:lmao: She's been corrupted!

I only wished I could of got a pic of all the people crammed into that little office space listening to the G33K, KEFs and Denny's table with Herbie Hancok's "Rockit" playing at glass flexing levels. There were more people in that room, at that time, then in the rest of the house. :D

I told her the same thing.. and she denied it.. but she knows :yes: It was getting a little cramped in there.. what was that room.. 10x12 at the most? It was a little hard to get a picture.. you would have had to go outside and peek in :D

It was freakin' tiny. Who was in there? Chuck, Denny, You (Toby), Mark, Nate, Aaron, Angus, and myself.

That's a lot of people for such a tiny space, which I think was actually a 10x10. It was cool.

I'd like to point out that I have discovered some orphan equipment left after the party. Items include:

-Heathkit Distortion Analyzer
-LONG speaker cables labelled "Genesis" and "T3"
-A second set of long speaker cables labelled "HPM100"

Now, the cables I don't mind hanging onto until the Fall Cobblefest, but the distortion analyzer is on my workbench, and I could use the space (and don't want to get it crudded up with sawdust). So please, whoever this belongs to, claim it.

Dare I start a Fall Cobblefest thread already... methinks Sony will be making a splash this time around ;)

I'd like to point out that I have discovered some orphan equipment left after the party. Items include:

-Heathkit Distortion Analyzer
-LONG speaker cables labelled "Genesis" and "T3"
-A second set of long speaker cables labelled "HPM100"

These must be Ron's.

The HPM 100 speaker cables were borrowed from Jack Gustav.. He borrowed them to use with the KEF's that were :D in your office

Good to know, thanks! Now just need someone to claim that Heathkit piece.

And Toby, I expect pictures and a full report on those KEF Reference 4.2's in their new home...

Good to know, thanks! Now just need someone to claim that Heathkit piece.

And Toby, I expect pictures and a full report on those KEF Reference 4.2's in their new home...

If i remember right it might have been avionic that had that analyzer.. i remember talking to him about it anyways. Whether it's his or not idk.

I'll dig my camera up and start a thread on the Kef's.. They're nice and cozy in their new spots!

I'd like to point out that I have discovered some orphan equipment left after the party.

I found a stow-away in with my CD collection when I got home and have no idea to whom it belongs, my kid suggested it may belong to westend.:dunno:

Roy Orbison's 16 Biggest Hits

I like Roy's music but not when the recording belongs to someone else. If this isn't Lance's CD I truly want this to get back to it's rightful owner, please let me know via PM.

Dare I start a Fall Cobblefest thread already...

Pretty soon, I'd like to see at least a month or more in advance so I have enough time to make more door prize goodies. :thmbsp:

Thanks guys, I believe that I have located the owners of all of the orphaned equipment.

I agree, Mark. I want to give people more heads-up this time around so there is some time to play with dates and ensure that the maximum number of people can make it. Off the top of my head I am thinking sometime late September, possibly early October. Give the weather a chance to cool down and some of the bugs to die off.

I have my living room mostly set up and also bought a dining room table (should have a patio set by then too), so seating options will be greatly increased :D

Maybe we should start a Cobblefest naming contest. Like Cobblefest 2.1 - Tunes and Goons. I dunno, its early on a Saturday morning and my brain is far from 100% functioning :music:

Maybe we should start a Cobblefest naming contest. Like Cobblefest 2.1 - Tunes and Goons.

:lmao:

I can go along with this slogan, now, if we could only get Gary to come up with a logo...:yes:

Just so long as we all get some extra notice, I don't see any reason as to why I can't go-I had a blast last time, and I think that everyone else did. You like the pictures I posted Aaron?

-Jason

So.. when is 2.1 Going to happen??

Crap, been meaning to post something about this since last week. Tentative schedule is looking like last weekend in September or first weekend in September.

Me, I love sweatshirt weather. Give the bugs a chance to die off, good bonfire weather, plus nobody likes hauling equipment in 80-90 degree weather.

I plan on showcasing the Sony SS-M9ED's during Cobblefest 2.1. Maybe I can convince Rick to bring the Krell KSA-80 back up. I think plenty of people will be absolutely blown away by these things. I know that I'd love to hear some awesome DIY gear on em :thmbsp:

BTW, I realize this is still a bit early, but I want to hear suggestions for the official title. My offering is still "Cobblefest 2.1 - Tunes and Goons."

Last edited:
Crap, been meaning to post something about this since last week. Tentative schedule is looking like last weekend in September or first weekend in September.

Me, I love sweatshirt weather. Give the bugs a chance to die off, good bonfire weather, plus nobody likes hauling equipment in 80-90 degree weather.

I plan on showcasing the Sony SS-M9ED's during Cobblefest 2.1. Maybe I can convince Rick to bring the Krell KSA-80 back up. I think plenty of people will be absolutely blown away by these things. I know that I'd love to hear some awesome DIY gear on em :thmbsp:

BTW, I realize this is still a bit early, but I want to hear suggestions for the official title. My offering is still "Cobblefest 2.1 - Tunes and Goons."

That title works for me.. I've got nothing to offer. You should get a thread started so we can start discussing dates though :yes:

Aaron - did you mean to say "last weekend in Sept. or first weekend in OCTOBER"??? :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom