Home Theater PC with Android Remote Control

darkShadows

Hello, is anybody using an Android tablet as a remote control for their home theater system? If you are what software are you using and how reliable is it? I am in two minds about buying an Android tablet or Logitech harmony remote control for my new HTPC. Not sure what is the best path to go down. I want reliability, ease of use and something customizable.

Hi, I am using Vectir PC Remote Control on my Android tablet. It is very reliable and easily customizable. I have built a number of my own custom remote controls (remote profiles) with it. It comes with remote controls for VLC, iTunes, Winamp, WMP and Spotify so if you are using any of these programs in your HTPC this app will be ideal. I mainly use it for controlling VLC, Spotify and my web browser with the mouse and keyboard remote.

Here is Vectir PC remote control on YouTube. Watch that to see it in action.

I also have a harmony remote but prefer the Android tablet remote control because of the live feedback and ability to browse playlists and choose songs.

Thank you. Going by the video Vectir remote control looks really good and I will give it a trial run on my work tablet. I also use Spotify and VLC and I guess the ability to browse music on the device is a definite advantage over a harmony remote. Really appreciate the quick reply.

Back
Top Bottom