Mitsubishi Diatone DA-P600 Preamp

nelsress

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This weekend I picked up a Mitsubishi Diatone DA-P600 preamp and haven't found too much info on it on the web. It came in a package deal with a Hafler HP-101 which I have heard is decent but I read where some people have called the Mitsubishi the "poor man's Spec 1", which makes it sound like a worthwhile one to keep, based on what I've heard from people who own and use Spec 1's. Anyone out there in AK Land using one of these DA-P600 pre's? Opinions? Thanks.

I've been using one for years now, never a problem with it. Never had the cover off in fact. I think its very neutral (I use the tone defeat), so I have always run it with a warmer sounding ss amp.
I enjoy the switchable 2 sets of outs, the only thing I wished it did have (sometimes anyway) is a 2nd phono stage.

Thanks bobaloniny, it's good to know someone's using one of these and enjoying it, particularly for that long.

Hmmm; Bluebook doesn't have that model listed. Would you have a pic or 2 of it?
The closest I have is a Mitsubishi da-c20 pre-tuner. Dual mono, heavy, well built and nice sounding pre. Mitsubishi made some great sounding gear.

Looks nice. Spec sheet says it runs off of 100VAC. You'll need a step down transformer. I wouldn't run it on 120V.

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't run it yet but I think I saw a multi-voltage adjustment on the unit but I'll be sure before I plug it in.

Just for the record, mine which has no Diatone labeling at all, but rather is tagged MGA Mitsubishi Electric is labeled 120vac, 60Hz.
I assume what I have is made for the western market, and the Diatone may have been aimed more at the hometown crowd or something.

I checked and mine is also marked 120V, 60Hz so I decided to see if it works buy coupling it with the amp section on a Harman Kardon 330B receiver, a CD player and an AR XB turntable and it works fine. Thanks guys.

I recently (6 months) bought a pair of Mitsubishi DA-P600&DA-A600. The speakers are Diatone DS-1000s. Recapped them, now the tone is very-very natural, especially in case of female vocals and acoustical intruments. Compared to my other set (DA-C20&DA-A10DC) they're very similar, however, the difference is not reflect the price difference between them.

Back
Top Bottom