2 systems 1 pc

orsen

Jukebox Hero
Subscriber
hi
currently all of our video comes from the pc via hdmi to a denon avr x1000.
it doesn't have analog pre out.

i have lots of music on the same pc that i would like to send to my 2 chan system in the same room.
but i need it to be simple, i don't want my gf having to switch outputs in windows to go from avr to stereo.
actually i would like to output to both at all times from one pc?

pc is always on
avr is always on
2 chan only on when in use [few hours a day]
thanks for any ideas

Can you run a line from the line out on the PC to the stereo system? That's more or less what I do with mine (HDMI to Yamaha AVR, PCM audio to Yamaha AVR (why did I do both?), L/R to PC speakers). You may have to mess with the settings to get both digital and analog outputs active (or all 3) at the same time. A $20 soundcard with digital and analog outputs may help depending what your MB has for audio outputs.

I think some of the USB soundcards have multiple digital out and at least ONE analog out. I think they typically all fire at the same time. A better option might be an HDMI breakout box. You can get one on Monoprice for about $50. Search for a HDMI Audio Converter (Product 10251). I bought the HDMI switch with audio breakout and it works pretty well (at least the audio part). The video switch doesn't like a PC input but I kept it for the digital audio feed to my two channel system via my Emotiva XDA-2. That part works fantastic. I also pull the analog out to a pair of powered speakers so my kid can play on her Xbox without having to fire up the main system. I can run digital and analog audio simultaneously with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom