AR 7 Hi Rez floor standing speakers opinions or experiences?

I have the AR11 Hi Res and find it a very nice speaker. I forget if the 7 had the powered subwoofer, mine doesn't and I prefer it that way. I just biamp with a Cambridge 651 on top and two bridged Dayton APA150s on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own the AR-1 high res. which were the top of that line of speakers, I also have the matching center channel, and rear AR-15's too. This line of speakers were built very well, highly reguarded, and were probably the last gasp for AR before being bought out if my memory serves me correctly.

The AR 7s have two 5.25s a tweeter and a side firing 12 inch woofer. NO sub I just wonder how they would compare to ADS MV 80ts?

that sounds like the successor to my AR312HO's...I love mine, great with both music and home theater. no sub needed

The AR 7s have two 5.25s a tweeter and a side firing 12 inch woofer. NO sub I just wonder how they would compare to ADS MV 80ts?

That side during woofer is what I'm referring to as a sub, which is technically correct since it's crossed over at 100 Hz. On the AR 1/3/5 (I think those were the model numbers) those woofers were powered by a built in plate amp. Anyway, I'm a fan of this series. These speakers were gems that slipped through the corporate cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom