Going Digital!

I'm sure this has been covered, but can someone point me to some instruction on how to set up a system to upsample to dsd128 on the fly? I am demoing Jriver, so that is my software, then to my nano DSD. I've been through the settings, but they are pretty confusing. I believe some of you are running this similar or same system.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been covered, but can someone point me to some instruction on how to set up a system to upsample to dsd128 on the fly? I am demoing Jriver, so that is my software, then to my nano DSD. I've been through the settings, but they are pretty confusing. I believe some of you are running this similar or same system.

Hi Keith,

Here are the instructions Byron was kind enough to have walked me through earlier over the phone:

* [ JRiver for mac is different for PC ].

But you go into the menu bar at top and select tools > options.

Then on the side and select Audio > audio devices and find the iFi.

Then go down to Settings and select Bitstream - yes: (DSD).

Then go back to the side and select Encoding, then Encoder setting > select DSD128.

** [ In JRiver ].

Tools>options. Encoding for >file conversion
Encoder> DSD
Encoder setting> Double DSD 128

I hope this helps.

Hi Keith,

Here are the instructions Byron was kind enough to have walked me through earlier over the phone:

* [ JRiver for mac is different for PC ].

But you go into the menu bar at top and select tools > options.

Then on the side and select Audio > audio devices and find the iFi.

Then go down to Settings and select Bitstream - yes: (DSD).

Then go back to the side and select Encoding, then Encoder setting > select DSD128.

** [ In JRiver ].

Tools>options. Encoding for >file conversion
Encoder> DSD
Encoder setting> Double DSD 128

I hope this helps.

thanks for this. I tried best I could, but since I'm running on a PC, I was lost on the first half of the instructions. stuff just didnt match up. can anyone else out there expand on what he's said here? incorporating PC pathways?

thanks for this. I tried best I could, but since I'm running on a PC, I was lost on the first half of the instructions. stuff just didnt match up. can anyone else out there expand on what he's said here? incorporating PC pathways?

Your welcome, I hope that it all becomes clearer for you?, as using said conversions has become a joy around our home, next I've to see what a couple of the guys here are going on and on about with 192 KHz or DSD 64!, it's obvious I've been out of the loop for far to long.

Good luck on this Keith.

Be well.......

Just as a means to keep things rolling along here, A+ finally has an OS X remote available for those whom are using Apple Products if you missed it?:

https://audirvana.com/?page_id=3620

I'm still in that venturing out mode, so this and a Regen Amber are the next phases of finalizing my CA Source.

Have a great weekend Byron | Guys.

Keith,

Did you ever get matters sorted out?, as I'd think that this would apply to either Mac or Windows products, as the settings are done through your JRiver Tool Settings, and finally through your Windows Settings ( I'd assume ) to alter the playback output sound options on both.

I'd have thought someone would've given you assistance on thus by now!, but I guess it has been a busy week or two for most to have complied by now.

I'm still watching........., and hope you get it resolved.

Be well,
o_Oh

Just as a means to keep things rolling along here, A+ finally has an OS X remote available for those whom are using Apple Products if you missed it?:

https://audirvana.com/?page_id=3620

I'm still in that venturing out mode, so this and a Regen Amber are the next phases of finalizing my CA Source.

Have a great weekend Byron | Guys.

Awesome, I've given Jriver a go but I still like Audivana better.

Awesome, I've given Jriver a go but I still like Audivana better.

I hear you loud and clear Bob,

I'm more inclined to follow your lead on this one as well, as something tells me that A+ along with say Amarra and Pure Music were designed around Mac products to begin with and the JRiver Mac Software was an afterthought on their part, as well as requested by customers.

But one that was dedicated off the bat, should prove worthwhile.

Let me know how it works out for you?, as well as your quest with DSD 64?, yes I follow said topics from a darkened corner behind you, so you might never know I'm there, but I am.

Take care guy.

I have been tring a more powerful power supply with my IFI micro DSD . I was using a
Ifi usb rated at 1 amp . I am running a Jays audio 5 v 2.5 amp unit now . The transients and bass have more slam . I feel the IFI micro DSD needs more power . I suggest try running it on battery power . To do this set it on turbo mode . Some feed back will be
Appreciated .

I have been tring a more powerful power supply with my IFI micro DSD . I was using a
Ifi usb rated at 1 amp . I am running a Jays audio 5 v 2.5 amp unit now . The transients and bass have more slam . I feel the IFI micro DSD needs more power . I suggest try running it on battery power . To do this set it on turbo mode . Some feed back will be
Appreciated .

Nice catch,

As I was researching into LPS units to use with the Regen, and came across mentioning of quite a few little Asian made option, and have one that has multiple voltage settings, but went with one that offers 9V, but having just looked at your Jays Audio 5V, I do remember thinking that it's another worthwhile option as well.

I've generally ran my iDSD directly linked to the Mac Mini, and before that in battery mode when connected to an iPad|CCK tandem and enjoyed the sonics as is. But being someone whom grew up on the whole British made Naim or Exposure Camp where they were using external PSU way before they became the norm, I've always thought such devices carried their weight and then some.

Let's see if others are willing to chime in on said matters, as I'm also a firm believer that everything in audio helps to enhance music, provided one has a ear that's responsive enough to know how to voice ones system to begin with. Once again........., let the finalizing part of my journey continue here, as system wise..............., I'm content.

Music and tubes are the only items I care to invest in years to come.

Be well.
o_O scar

I believe it was Bob, whom had mentioned that he felt A+ offered a better sound compared to JRiver, so it's nice to see that others have come to the same conclusion, just in case you missed this one?, here the link:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/08/a-stand-off-down-under-puremusic-vs-jriver-vs-audirvana/

It seems that those of us using Apple products as our CA Source of choice, might want to look elsewhere besides JRiver after all.

Shout out to my little Brotha Bryon, as it seems you've forgotten to check in, but I'll try to keep the lights on for you in your absence.

Peace Mi Brotha.

I am on a LPS kick . I just ordered a Tearadac DC 200 w 12 volt unit for DSPeaker 2.0
Since my whole signal path goes throught it . I thought I give it a try . I am using a astron for it now . I will move that on to the Mac mini to see if it makes a difference .
First I need the Uptone Mac mini kit . As long I am going up the SQ ladder it's all good

I am on a LPS kick . I just ordered a Tearadac DC 200 w 12 volt unit for DSPeaker 2.0
Since my whole signal path goes throught it . I thought I give it a try . I am using a astron for it now . I will move that on to the Mac mini to see if it makes a difference .
First I need the Uptone Mac mini kit . As long I am going up the SQ ladder it's all good

Makes perfect sense to me, but at some point do take a look at the options from HDPlex if you get a chance, as I think these are worthwhile alternatives as well. I've to do the MKII kit as well.

And you're correct, you're covering one key area where it counts by going after a LPS as far as I'm concerned, I shall continue to follow your quest.

I have the hdplex lps. It is a nice unit, I use it to power my music computer (thin mini itx) and most anything else that needs dc power. I recommend them highly.

I have the hdplex lps. It is a nice unit, I use it to power my music computer (thin mini itx) and most anything else that needs dc power. I recommend them highly.

BeerCan,

Once again, great choice. As Byron and I had discussed this one months ago, it wasn't until last week that I really took a closer look at it and liked what I read about it, and seeming that I own a Thin Mini as well, it should prove just as worthy as one of those $1.000 jobs I've mentioned elsewhere.

So thanks for being another person whom actually uses one, as well as recommends it.

Let the quest continue.............., o_Oh what fun this has proven to be, I'm loving it.

:tears:_oh

Byron,

When you're ripping with Jriver does it rip to dsd 64 and you have it converted to 2x dsd on playback?

Bob! Sorry man, been enjoying life doing other things lately with my audio listening. So im just now seeing this. I suppose you've got you answer by now, but if not...I'm one of those cats that rip everything DSD 128. Im not one to really buy downloads unless forced to do so. I have a really hard time understanding why they cost so much. You get nothing other than a download. I can buy the CD from ebay...rip it and still come out cheaper, and I have notes to read, which I like. I've compared the Download and rips in same format and they are neck and neck. So thats where im at.

I've got friends telling me the pros and cons of what I do....I've heard all the arguments on whats best....this format, that format...this DAC...that DAC....get this device and get that device. But in the end.....I guess after being in this hobby from the early 70's when my pops and I would sit beside his huge console back in the day and spin Country Blues and Electric Blues 45's one at a time all the way to what I do now... 2015, this Monday, im getting to the point where its not about this or that device, but about me sitting and enjoying the music as it ministers to my soul. My rig is top notch...top shelf fidelity. Im done chasing devices. I will add the HDplex, and perhaps a REGEN, but at the moment, im not driven to move on then as of yet. When the urge hits me I will. But as of late im just enjoying life with family, friends, food, and music. And right now as I type this...Melody Gardot's doing the song "Lisboa" from the album "The Absence" and is speaking to my soul.

I trust that you are enjoying the Nano? Keep the music flowing, my friend!

_slippers-

Appreciated .

You feel battery power in turbo is better than Direct mode with the battery off? Not so over here. I have tons of slam as well.

I believe it was Bob, whom had mentioned that he felt A+ offered a better sound compared to JRiver, so it's nice to see that others have come to the same conclusion, just in case you missed this one?, here the link:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/08/a-stand-off-down-under-puremusic-vs-jriver-vs-audirvana/

It seems that those of us using Apple products as our CA Source of choice, might want to look elsewhere besides JRiver after all.

Shout out to my little Brotha Bryon, as it seems you've forgotten to check in, but I'll try to keep the lights on for you in your absence.

Peace Mi Brotha.

Hahahahaha! Its all copacetic!

In a minute!

BeerCan,

Once again, great choice. As Byron and I had discussed this one months ago, it wasn't until last week that I really took a closer look at it and liked what I read about it, and seeming that I own a Thin Mini as well, it should prove just as worthy as one of those $1.000 jobs I've mentioned elsewhere.

So thanks for being another person whom actually uses one, as well as recommends it.

Let the quest continue.............., o_Oh what fun this has proven to be, I'm loving it.

:tears:_oh

Nice thing is I needed an extra connector for one of my devices and sent an email to hdplex about it. He was great with the info and included the extra connectors I needed at no additional charge.

I have used it for over a year now and can attest that it is well built and I feel worth the money. FWIW I have the first version, the new version has adjustable voltage on the 9v rail.

Bob! Sorry man, been enjoying life doing other things lately with my audio listening. So im just now seeing this. I suppose you've got you answer by now, but if not...I'm one of those cats that rip everything DSD 128. Im not one to really buy downloads unless forced to do so. I have a really hard time understanding why they cost so much. You get nothing other than a download. I can buy the CD from ebay...rip it and still come out cheaper, and I have notes to read, which I like. I've compared the Download and rips in same format and they are neck and neck. So thats where im at.

I've got friends telling me the pros and cons of what I do....I've heard all the arguments on whats best....this format, that format...this DAC...that DAC....get this device and get that device. But in the end.....I guess after being in this hobby from the early 70's when my pops and I would sit beside his huge console back in the day and spin Country Blues and Electric Blues 45's one at a time all the way to what I do now... 2015, this Monday, im getting to the point where its not about this or that device, but about me sitting and enjoying the music as it ministers to my soul. My rig is top notch...top shelf fidelity. Im done chasing devices. I will add the HDplex, and perhaps a REGEN, but at the moment, im not driven to move on then as of yet. When the urge hits me I will. But as of late im just enjoying life with family, friends, food, and music. And right now as I type this...Melody Gardot's doing the song "Lisboa" from the album "The Absence" and is speaking to my soul.

I trust that you are enjoying the Nano? Keep the music flowing, my friend!

_slippers-

No worries,

I'm pretty happy with my rig also, I am going to catch hell for a little add I just finished 15 minutes ago. Can you tell what it is?

The wife misses most of my gear exchanges but she may flip on this until I have her take a seat and listen.

It's amazing what just 3 2x2 absorption panels can do for a room!

P.S. This is digital related because I'm listening to Tidal taking the photo...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom