Here's The 810 Combo I Just Bought

Hey thanks for the info try1256. I have mine hooked up to some Cerwin Vega's right now but will end up with them connected to some Original Large Advents when I get them off the bench.

Nice Yammie combo. I've had numerous CA-810s for tune ups and control cleaning. Never had one in failure that needed major work. They seem pretty bullet proof.

I have had at least two with a hum in both channels and changing the filter caps remedied the noise. That tuner is amazing, I'd put it in my top five. Enjoy them!

IMG_2514.jpg

Here's my next cleaning project. As you can see the case is filthy but then so were the insides. I used to work with the guy I bought it from but he retired about 15 years ago. We ran into each other and Chester said he would sell me these and they were like new because they had been stored in a closet for at least 10 years. Well that was one dirty closet! I'm sure they'll look like new when I'm done.

I've used many wood cleaner, wood preservative, wood polish over the years.

Best by far, and I mean hands down winner is "Scott's Liquid Gold". It does it all. Cleans, preserves, protects, refurbishes. Makes 20 year old wood with water stains, scratches, cigarette film, dirt and grime shine like it was brand new. Seems to work very well on certain metal and plastic surfaces as well. My 810 gets a buffing with it every three months. You can get it at most grocery stores and/or hardware stores.

Just got a CA-810/CT-410II combo yesterday, beautiful piece of equipment and it sounds damn good to.

Just got a CA-810/CT-410II combo yesterday, beautiful piece of equipment and it sounds damn good to.

Just out of curiosity do your meter lights work? If they do you're the first one I've heard of that bought one with working lights.

Got the meter lights working with some bulbs I got from dgwojo. Very easy to do with the instructions here on AK. Like everyone says they aren't very bright but I wanted to keep it original for now.
IMG_2530.jpg

Last edited:
I've used many wood cleaner, wood preservative, wood polish over the years.

Best by far, and I mean hands down winner is "Scott's Liquid Gold". It does it all. Cleans, preserves, protects, refurbishes. Makes 20 year old wood with water stains, scratches, cigarette film, dirt and grime shine like it was brand new. Seems to work very well on certain metal and plastic surfaces as well. My 810 gets a buffing with it every three months. You can get it at most grocery stores and/or hardware stores.

Please don't use SLG on your wood. It's crap. They used to be a client eons ago and the IT guys there even said it's crap. It evaporates and requires frequent application.

Howard's Feed-N-Wax or some Watco Danish Oil on it if you want a harder finish you don't have to oil. If it needs a little mending, Howard's Restore-A-Finish followed by Feed-N-Wax.

Please don't use SLG on your wood. It's crap. They used to be a client eons ago and the IT guys there even said it's crap. It evaporates and requires frequent application.

Howard's Feed-N-Wax or some Watco Danish Oil on it if you want a harder finish you don't have to oil. If it needs a little mending, Howard's Restore-A-Finish followed by Feed-N-Wax.

No offense to anyone, but the above recommendations are completely accurate.

Getting ready to relamp the tuner now, I see it's different than the amp. The bulbs were in rubber boots on the amp, looks like I have to cut the wires to the lamps on the tuner. I'll look around and see if anyone posted any tips for relamping the tuner.

Back
Top Bottom