BX-1's? Worth owning?

lmfree

I have a chance at a pair of BX-1's and since I have more than enough Yamaha gear I am leaning to saying NO. Once upon a time I would never pass up a piece of Yamaha equipment that I didn't own but I am having a hard time justifying another amp since I have so many that are already collecting dust. Can anyone give me a valid reason to cough up the cash for another amp considering what I already own. Is there anything really special about the BX-1's other than they are Mono-Blocs? We haven't talked price yet so that may be the deal breaker. Just don't want to be sorry later if I decide to pass so want to make sure there isn't something I'm missing.

I've have no direct experience but I've read some reports they say these are very nice sounding amps when they're working right but they run very hot and consequently are more prone to failure and they're a real PITA to service when they fail because everything is so hard to get at inside. Looks like you already have some pretty fine Yamaha pieces going on as it is ... but I guess there's always room for more. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AK BX-1 001.jpg
    AK BX-1 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 80
  • AK BX-1 02.jpg
    AK BX-1 02.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 81
The BX-1's would be a nice addition to your stellar collection of Yamaha gear. I have a non-working pair of BX-1's that will eventually be refurbished.

I passed on them. $2500 or more plus shipping so I decided my money may be better spent elsewhere. I hope I don't regret it. Lately I have been sinking money into Micro Seiki TOTL turntables to add to my Yamaha setups.

Hello !

Everything you need to know on YAMAHA BX-1 his inside this :thmbsp:

Attachments

• BX-1-circuit-operation-cover.jpg
    BX-1-circuit-operation-cover.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 33
Wonderful amps. $2500 would probably be a record for these, but if they had been already completely refurbished, i'd seriously think about it. They are that good, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom