DV-6660 question?

GP Hill

I just got a Yamaha cd/DVD player that I bought from the auction sight that was supposed to be in good working order and had been tested. The main reason I bought this DV-6660 was that it had a nice silver face to go with my CA 2010 and my CT 1010 for a system in my basement. I figured if it was Yamaha it had to be decent quality. I opened the package and it looks really good so I hook it up and put a cd in and it sounds awful. There is static in both channels and it skips almost all the time. This is with a cd that I just had played on my sony CD player that sounds really good. I do not want to spend any money having this thing repaired but I thought if it was something simple I might try and fix it myself. Does anyone know anything about this player?

I just got a Yamaha cd/DVD player that I bought from the auction sight that was supposed to be in good working order and had been tested. The main reason I bought this DV-6660 was that it had a nice silver face to go with my CA 2010 and my CT 1010 for a system in my basement. I figured if it was Yamaha it had to be decent quality. I opened the package and it looks really good so I hook it up and put a cd in and it sounds awful. There is static in both channels and it skips almost all the time. This is with a cd that I just had played on my sony CD player that sounds really good. I do not want to spend any money having this thing repaired but I thought if it was something simple I might try and fix it myself. Does anyone know anything about this player?

It's fixed and sounds good. There is a switch on the back that got moved into the wrong place, as soon as I fixed the switch it fixed the sound. The seller called me after I opened a case on eBay and was very helpful in diagnosing the problem. I would definitely buy from this guy again.

Back
Top Bottom