New to me Arcam A65+

telemike

Sweet little UK amp. So far so good. Nice phono preamp. Listening to Borthets in Arms. Makes my Marantz seem harsh with treble, softens and sweetens the digital artifacts on the vinyl.

uploadfromtaptalk1429320679991.jpg

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Great! Presumably you got this for 10 cents on the "new" purchase price $.
Subsequently hope it pleases for some time to come.
I was a fan of Arcam.. Once spent far more than I wish to remember on that brand.
Have realised subsequently that It's no match for NAD sounds.. True.
Seriously disapointing as the Arcam Rascals demand Wayyyy too much coin for what their gear actually delivers.
Would Be GREAT gear at 1/3 rd the retail price.
Moderne times I suppose.

$223. Compared to my Marantz, I'd say the Arcam has a more powerful bass response. Deeper feeling. High end is softer.

Last edited:
Its a keeper! Really matches well with my Polks. I'll miss the digital display and convenience of the Marantz....

Arcam has deeper imaging front to back, solid bass punch

Last edited:
8e63a9b0851b42f14bea817d89819988.jpg

Ive sung the praises of the arcam diva and fmj series for years. Been hunting around for an A80 integrated to use with my P80 amp. Perfect little bi-amp situation.

The Arcam FMJ c-31 preamp is a sleeper.. Maybe Arcam lacks the cool name factor for folks, But it can hold its own against some of the more costlier sought after preamps.

good pick up on the A65 , It definitely shares a bunch in common with the other Diva units.

The phono stage amazes me. Makes my JVC turntable shine.

I would only upgrade to another Arcam now. Really like how this amp sounds. So smooth

Arcam is one of the most underappreciated lines out there. I had an Alpha 9 integrated and an Alpha 8 CD for a long time. The CD player was replaced by the Yamaha, but it wasn't an easy choice. What the Yamaha gave me in dynamics, bass, and transparency, came at the cost of losing that Arcam smoothness and utter musicality. One had to go and the Yamaha was doing double duty as a DVD player. Ex wife was a TV addict.

The Alpha 9 amp was very easy on the ears. Just something so right about it. Yeah, they tend to make a lot of things sound harsh and aggressive...amusical. And the bass definition is hard to beat until you spend big bucks.

Back
Top Bottom