SX-828 issue

nh36000

Too many notes!!!
All;

After an over six month search, I finally found a volume pot for the amp. It is soldered in and while putting it all back together, I ended up with one extra hex nut and washer. These are the kind that hold down pots and 1/4" jacks.

Does anyone know where two hex nuts belong on the front end of an 828? I know it goes on the 828 and not the C-90.

I know the phrase 'ALWAYS CARRY A SPARE' but, uh, yeah, I need to find out where that hex nut belongs.

Any help, please, I just don't remember something like that when I took it apart.

Lu.

Pull off the knobs and look for a pot that has the longer threads to keep the front panel on. IIRC there are 3 of them on the 828.

It's also possible that it came with the new pot and is an extra....also double check that there is a nut on the sub-panel keeping the new pot tight to it.

The manual has an "exploded diagram" showing where the parts go. You might check that too.

I think I figured it out.

All;

Been busy, finally have time to write back.

Remembering what I did working in warehousing, I counted all I have here. Cartons of items coming in and going out get counted each time.

So, I have eleven holes in the front panel and there are fourteen nuts and washers. The only things that are floating free are the three rotary switches and four 1/4" jacks, and three extra nut and washer sets hold the rotary switches in place. Those switches and the 1/4" jacks get tied to the 'sub panel' and all but the phone and mic jacks get fastened to the outside of the front panel. No need to hold the audio pots to the sub panel as they are soldered to a PC board and a metal plate screws to the back of the sub panel.

I ended up redoing the whole thing as I had things tied down to the sub panel that didn't need to be.

I think that's how it goes.

Yours,

Lu.

Look at the drawing from the manual. There are 3 nuts/washers that hold the front face panel down (not including the top and bottom screws). I locate the top and bottoms 1st as they establish distance from the sub panel. install nuts/washers on the SPEAKER Rotary Switch, VOLUME POT, and SELECTOR ROTARY Switch. The smaller units will usually only have 2 nuts but the larger will have 3.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_111 Nov. 16 10.06.jpg
    ScreenHunter_111 Nov. 16 10.06.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 31

Larry, you are right. I had my doubts at first, I couldn't magnify the Jpeg quite enough to see it . HiFi Engine's PDF solved that problem.

I was close but not quite. And I believe the nylon parts tie down the phones jacks.

Yours,

Lu.

Back
Top Bottom