Marantz ST170AV PM170AV Info?

Brad Muller

I picked this Marantz Duo up awhile ago. It has a digital tuner and weighs probably 40lbs. It seems to have quite a bit of power, but I sat it in a corner for months. I think it cost me about $5.00. Anybody have one or any info on it? It's not a bad piece for what looks like the 80's to me. Thanks, Brad

Attachments

• DSCN2343.JPG
    DSCN2343.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN2345.JPG
    DSCN2345.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 14
Alright already guys! I guess if this was worth a hoot, someone would have said so. I'll send it to the Goodwill this weekend.:yes: Brad

I've got one! It too has been sitting in the corner for a while. However, I have just bought new speakers (JBL Venue Stadium) and my Rotel 840B amp can't cope with them, so I've just wired up the 170AV and it is performing well so far. What info do you need? I have the tech specs somewhere... Ian.

Geeze, I forgot to send that thing to the Goodwill! Any idea as to WPC on this bronze plastic Marantz? Actually, before I give it to the Goodwill, I should offer to give it to an AKer, if they promise to pick it up today or perhaps a same day, next month pickup!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Brad

170 watts per channel. It is of a separate pre/power design so you can remove the shorting pin on the back and use it as a power amp (if I'm not mistaken). I believe the year is 1986. This amp has just saved my bacon, as the Rotel could not produce any bass at higher volume levels. With the Marantz, it's somewhat more effortless. What I really need is my Audiolab 8000a, but it's in England (shipping cost is astronomical!). The Marantz looks pretty damn awful, but it's performing well so far. I'm actually glad I didn't throw it out! - Ian.

Back
Top Bottom