It's time for the Winter New England Franken Fest -- February 8th in Clinton MA

Had a blast as always, believe it or not I really packed light. Learned from previous get togethers. Saw and heard some nice gear, chatted with some very cool people. Met some adorable kids and even finalized which tube tester I'm keeping with Don's help. :). Good times.

Another awesome time in Clinton!

Thank you Frank for letting us use your amazing space and was so much fun listening to some tunes retroman98 brought along on the Altecs.

w1jim, love the Bostons! Listening to them fill the house with music most of the day today using the Pioneer SA-900 thankfully bought from Dan which I am so psyched to own.

I caught a little of the workshops which thanks to Don for putting them together, always fun and informative.

I am already looking forward to June.

Thank you once again to Frank and Peter for their hospitality and letting all us audio nutcases invade and use their space. What a wonderful way to spend a cold February Saturday. Bought and sold some gear, ate, drank beer and chatted audio all day. It doesn't get much better than that. June 7th is already marked on my calendar.

Every one of these get-togethers goes by too fast.

Thanks Frank for hosting and Peter for being an all-around good guy and making the (formerly) pink room available.

Frank - thanks for the connection in getting me a chance to look at and purchase that tube caddy.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the workshop thread and the workshops. Thanks especially to:
w1jim - opamp swapamp
adamant316 - turntables 201 fact sheet, a half dozen of his precious and hard to transport turntables as demos, and a great what-to-look-for summary.
awise1961 - bringing a beautiful linear tracker and frequently running tube testing clinics
chinacave - open baffle speakers and low power tubey goodness amps.

Thanks to all of you for coming and for selling, and for buying and for bringing and running your systems.
Delightful stuff.

These meetings just get better and better. Thank you all.

Thanks everyone!
I thought this one had a nice vibe to it, everybody knew the routine and just got on with it.

New faces! 8 by my count.

Things Left Behind:
Shakespeare folding chair, blue.
Heathkit GR-21 Table top radio. If nobody speaks up this goes to Adam.

Yeah, those 980's blew me away, and I never thought I'd see the 16.5 brought to it's knees. Throw 150 watts at a bookshelf speaker and it refused to misbehave at all. Amazing.
Edit [ Rated to 300 watts?, no wonder. Guess I'll have to throw another 16.5 at 'em, bi-amped :) ]

Cheers, and delightful to see you all again.

Frank C.

Last edited:
Wonderful time- so glad I could make it. Oh- and sold off lots of cartridges and raised about $300 for my friend's cause. Thank you guys.

I think June 7 was the day someone in this thread said (maybe Jim?).... so psyched! One of my friends is coming from PA to stay with me for the weekend just so he can come with me!!!!

EDIT: found it! Jim explains it all in post 113

Back
Top Bottom