CA-1010 suddenly going bad?

Hey guys,

So I recapped the PS board, but I made the stupid mistake of ordering all NP caps so there are 4 BP caps that still need to be replaced.

I tried powering it on anyways and it sounded great for awhile...

The right channel started making a crackling/sizzling sound randomly every couple of minutes. It's gotten worse now to where its doing it every couple seconds and I've stopped using it.

Left channel is perfect and measures ~10 mV DC, whereas the right channel now measures ~100 mV DC.

Any ideas? Does this still sound like a capacitor issue?

Thanks

Hey guys,

So I recapped the PS board, but I made the stupid mistake of ordering all NP caps so there are 4 BP caps that still need to be replaced.

I tried powering it on anyways and it sounded great for awhile...

The right channel started making a crackling/sizzling sound randomly every couple of minutes. It's gotten worse now to where its doing it every couple seconds and I've stopped using it.

Left channel is perfect and measures ~10 mV DC, whereas the right channel now measures ~100 mV DC.

Any ideas? Does this still sound like a capacitor issue?

Thanks

NP / BP same thing.:thmbsp:

Decouple the amp from the pre-amp. Does the RT channel still crackle/sizzle ?

Hmm. Possibly a bad transistor in the right channels front end. There is also a VD1212 diode on that sheet.Swap it out with a pair of 1N4148 diodes in series.They can be a source of static and noise.

Thanks for all the help avionic,

I replaced the 4 NP caps on the PS board I missed on the first time through. There was a little bit of noise, but after running the amp for a couple hours it seems like the noise is completely gone. Maybe the caps breaking in?

I tried cold spraying transistors, but it didn't do anything.

I also went ahead and replaced the caps on the main boards with films and Silmic IIs.

Sounding great now. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom