RX-A 3010 AVR - Can the amps be decoupled?

vondogg14

Greetings,

I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A3010. I am using it strictly as a pre/pro powering Wyred4Sound Class D amps.

My question is there a way to safely decouple the amps so they don't burn energy and create heat. Before I crack it open, I wanted to see if anyone has tried this (or can tell me not to bother).

I don't want to make severe modifications from factory design since I may sell it down the line. Maybe a fuse or quick connect disconnect.

Thanks for any insight the forum can provide.

Greetings,

I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A3010. I am using it strictly as a pre/pro powering Wyred4Sound Class D amps.

My question is there a way to safely decouple the amps so they don't burn energy and create heat. Before I crack it open, I wanted to see if anyone has tried this (or can tell me not to bother).

I don't want to make severe modifications from factory design since I may sell it down the line. Maybe a fuse or quick connect disconnect.

Thanks for any insight the forum can provide.

Not required. As long as there is no load on the amplifiers(speakers).And no source connected to the front ends. There is just a tiny bit of bias current flowing.

Thank you. I was thinking the AVR amps were creating some degree of heat, even without speakers attached. Since I only use the Yamaha as a control processor for my amps (like to listen all channel stereo), I thought I might be able to reduce some heat. I have a Sherbourn C-12 thermal fan atop the AVR, but still runs a bit warmer than I'd like. Part of the problem is the cabinet I'm using traps warm air. Plan on changing that next summer. Appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom