MX-800u Test: Pre-amp???

Bubo

attachment.php

Who needs a pre amp, if you only use one source???

Testing shelved units for a future project, two down....one to go.

What a great sounding amp, sweeet, musical, clear......CFC sound.

Running an inexpensive Sony DVD Player direct-connection via it's RCA jacks into some bottom of the line Infinity speakers I purchased for a few dollars as my test speakers.

Still sounds great........

I'll let it run for a few days....

Test CD Nathan: Jimson Weed, a great sounding Canadian C&W Folk Group on Netwerks Label......

Nice and slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxjAfPT1HAM

Attachments

• P1020528.jpg
    P1020528.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 36
Very nice amplifier.
Love the gain controls.

Just a thought, if an amp didn't have the gain controls, could someone wire up two pots in a box and use it as the volume-balance control?? Not sure what the values would be...$6 ea with knobs...

Maybe I will make one of the tube phono stages I see some people assembling and run it direct into an amp as an experiment. If it works, possibly hook it up the LaScalas for fun. Retro.......

The $35 Sony DVD player sounds pretty good, I have to remind myself this company made the best FM tuner ever (Beezley), and sold it for $90 list. I purchased one of those for $200 and have to agree that it pulls them in like nothing else...

I've run the 600u, 800u and the 1000u without pre from a portable CD player, I-touch,
anything with a variable output, pre or headphone.
Slightly lower output but works fine!
I've two MX800u's waiting for some big speakers to show up,
C65 pre to drive them,
I want Yamaha pro series with 2Bass bins on one, and Twin 15" stacks w horns on the other.......

Back
Top Bottom