FISHER CONSOLES, A PICTORIAL....WHERE's YOURS????..........

Looks like a home office.

Don; That console looks as good as the day you brought it home. I think the Italian Provincial looks a hell of a lot better than the French Prov. Almost MCM.

Gotta do some veneer work on my 64' CE VII. The side panels are drying out and splitting at the bottom.

The Italian Provincial does look closer to MCM. The straight lines and no curvy legs do it
With a Garrard A and Pickering, it is capable of playing all my records
The Ambassador is not my current daily driver but I exercise it on a regular basis

Last edited:
Haven't posted in a bit so I thought I'd share my electrically restored Custom Sixty again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
index.php

Here ya go Joel

Last edited:
And the last of my 7 or 8, if you count the 560 companion as a separate console.....

1963 Executive Model 950. 800-C, Garrard Type A, MKII. Has a LP shelf in place of the R2R. But i fitted an AKAI GX-4000D in it's place.

100_4343.jpg

Last edited:
Speedbump. VERY NICE! On the CE IV, look at the tuner chassis. If you get a Multiplexer for the FM, it would hook up as follows; (This is for the MPX-100 but others work pretty much the same.)

1.) CE IV MPX OUTPUT to LOW LEVEL mpx input on the multiplexer
2.) L & R MPX-100 Outputs to CE-IV AUX-STEREO inputs.

For Mono FM use as before. For FM MPX, Turn Selector on CE-IV to AUX-FM and set MPX-100 to AUTOMATIC STEREO-MONO.

It doesn't have to be a FISHER Mpx'er. Sherwood made a nice on in the S3mx. It's small enough to fit inside next to the amp. A FISHER MPX 100 would have to go on top.

Wow, thanks! I have zero knowledge of vintage audio stuff so it is great to learn a little about my piece.will help me justify my purchase to my husband!!!
I just know that the minute I saw it , my heart started racing and my palms became sweaty and I HAD to have it no matter what.
I will post some pics of the insides tomorrow.
I have to agree that the console is beautiful, the black lacquer finish had me at hello!!!
Thanks again for the help
Annabel
Welcome, Annabel! I had to chuckle when I read about your recent Fisher purchase. All I can say to that is......YOU'VE BEEN SNAGGED by Fishers!!! Hook, line and sinker!! Just like most of us, once you've gotten that feeling, you just can't shake it!! Great feeling, isn't it? I'm very happy for you:music:

John

These Are ALL Just AWESOME!!

Larry,
Great idea to post console photos!! All of the consoles posted are just AMAZING!! This is just TOO GOOD to be true! What a thread...Damn!!

John

Thanks John. I started this one 4 years ago. Wrigleys R-3 Coronet is actually a little newer than mine by a few hundred serial #'s. BugleGirl has a R-3 Coronet in the Georgian Cabinet (which is a monster, just ask TheRED1). Her's is a '50, mine is a '51, and Wrigley's is either a '51 or '52. She's only made 3 posts including the one you replied to since 2011.

Larry

Larry

BUMP for anyone who hasn't presented their consoles YET!!! Come on guys I know they are out there.

Larry

Kasanay. Nice. Is there a large heavy paper sheet on the back of the cabinet with unit info and chassis layout on it? If so, could you post the model # along with any Suffix's (EA, W, IP, etc.) The cabinet you have is a '66 Custom Electra in Early American, but it has the gut's of a '67 Custom Electra (21-R, Dual 1010). The '67 cabinet had the bowed front, not the flat front that your's has. Very possible that yours is a transistion unit where the gut's showed up before the new cabinets did, and the previous years cabinet internals were changed to fit the 21-R). Hold on to this one, as it's almost as rare as a 57' President.:biggrin:

My series 60 consolette with the adjunct speaker pictures are unavailable for now.
So here's my statesman with the SA-100..

index.php

Kasanay. Nice. Is there a large heavy paper sheet on the back of the cabinet with unit info and chassis layout on it? If so, could you post the model # along with any Suffix's (EA, W, IP, etc.) The cabinet you have is a '66 Custom Electra in Early American, but it has the gut's of a '67 Custom Electra (21-R, Dual 1010). The '67 cabinet had the bowed front, not the flat front that your's has. Very possible that yours is a transistion unit where the gut's showed up before the new cabinets did, and the previous years cabinet internals were changed to fit the 21-R). Hold on to this one, as it's almost as rare as a 57' President.:biggrin:
That's great info! I'll get some better photos tonight or this weekend.

Larry, could it be a '67 Metropolitan (M-4592-AT "American Traditional")? The photo on fisherconsoles.com is a bit distorted but appears to match. I'll check the catalog.

Westley, love your '61 Statesman II. looks like someone upgraded the phono from the Garrard 88 to the Type A. I thought about doing the same with my Executive.

Back
Top Bottom