What was the last movie you watched?

Life of Crime
Jennifer Aniston and Mos Def.

A very entertaining movie. set in 1978, with a great soundtrack from that decade.

This space intentionally left blank.

Timbuktu - It was interesting and the cinematography was good but it was kind of a bummer of a story. (B)

Sunshine - Great visuals and good first half but devolved into a bad horror movie in the second half. (B-)

I watched this again last night. I love it but the better half kept predicting what would happen. It was uncanny how she knew despite never seeing it before.

Attachments

• Seven-Days-In-May-1964-Front-Cover-56426.jpg
    Seven-Days-In-May-1964-Front-Cover-56426.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 37
The new Mad Max movie. Amazing. I swear if the entire cast said 15 words I will be surprised. What makes me love this movie is that the director took the chase scene from Thunderdome (the tanker scene) and extended it into a feature length film that kept me involved the entire way through.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Cake
Continuing in a Jennifer Anniston mood. We go from comedy with makeup (Life of Crime) to dark humor, pain (mis)management, and dealing with loss, all without makeup and plenty of scars. :thumbs:

This space intentionally left blank.

"Contraband" (2011) Mark Wahlberg as ex-smuggler Chris Farraday, drawn out of retirement to protect the life of his knucklehead brother-in-law.
Suspenseful, good plot, good acting, with a nice little twist at the end....

"Out of Time" with Denzel Washington

p32994_p_v7_af.jpg

A seasoned cop (actually Chief of Police) played by Washington makes a very bad decision with confiscated drug money and ends up trying to cover his butt before he ends up in prison. Very good movie. Enjoyed it. Lots of suspense.

The Black Decameron... 1972 Italian production.

In a nutshell,a sexploitation update of Pasolini's "The Decameron". Nevertheless,the 5 tales (all set/filmed in Africa) are highly amusing and original.
Utterly superb music score too... wish I could get hold of the original soundtrack record... probably cost a fortune though!

002_zpspoajq444.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Black Decameron... 1972 Italian production.

In a nutshell,a sexploitation update of Pasolini's "The Decameron". Nevertheless,the 5 tales (all set/filmed in Africa) are highly amusing and original.

Utterly superb music score too... wish I could get hold of the original soundtrack record... probably cost a fortune though!

002_zpspoajq444.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't think there is a vinyl version but CDs are cheap. 5 bucks

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

St Vincent: A dark comedy about strippers, alcoholics, divorce, fighting, money problems, love, despair, dementia, pain, both emotional & physical. gambling, horse racing, loan sharks, babysitting, sex, death and redemption. I think I have covered everything. See it.

MV5BMTk5NzI5OTA4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjc4NTM3MjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Five Steps to Danger, 1957, Ruth Roman, Sterling Hayden.

Middling, Noirish, improbable thriller involving the CIA, fun little film.

Col Klink is also in it, without the Monocle.

Capricorn One... 1977 U.S. production.

Probably my second fav 70's conspiracy flick (after Coma). O.J. is in top form... seeing him struggle across the desert at the end is a real eye opener!
Great to view a lovely restored 2.35:1 W/S print.

003_zpswtdmc4wp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

"No Country For Old Men" (Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Woody Harrelson)

A Coen Brothers period piece, set in 1980 West Texas.
Hunter Llewellyn Moss (Brolin) happens onto the scene of a drug deal gone bad. He finds a pickup truck full of heroin, a bunch of dead gunmen, and a bag with 2 million in cash. Taking the cash, Moss is pursued by psycho hired gun Anton Chigur (Bardem). Strange ending, where the viewer must draw his own conclusion about the outcome....

Last night I watched a two-fer.

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, 1991. Cringeworthy, but I saw it at 19 years of age with my dad on my birthday, and it was a glorious day, indeed.

Plus it contains the classic line "First we were pussweeds....but now we're metal. So get over here and PUT OUT!"

Then onto a movie I've heard about all my life, but never viewed.

"The Warriors"

Also cringeworthy in places, but I found myself compelled to see it thru. I now know where Mystic got that creepy avatar of his. Honestly, it was 90 minutes of entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom