Need some help!!

goonie

Hello there, I'm new so if posting wrong sorry, and sorry for my bad english, hope you can understand everything.

I just receive a mini hifi (Pioneer x-hm21), i usally listen to the music with my turntable or by ipod, but they just bought me this for a gift so i would like to connect this mini hi fi, on my amp a Marantz PM6004, is it possible? i have my own speakers connected to the amp, so i would like to connect just the hifi not the hifi speakers, on the amp so to listen the radio or cd or whatever, i know that this is a stupid question but i don't usually do these things so i would love to have some help, can anyone help me? what i should do to connect the hifi on the amp and finally listen the audio?

hope anyone can help me and hope that you can understand me.

It doesn't look like the Pioneer has a line-level output (pre-out) so the only way you could hook it up would be using the headphone jack and a 3.5mm-to-rca cable.

You could try it, keeping the Pioneer volume low at first so as to avoid overloading the Marantz's input (use the Marantz volume control as usual after setting the input level with the Pioneer's), but it is a somewhat less-than-ideal proposition. Might work, though.

Basically your Pioneer and Marantz have similar function, with the Marantz being more flexible, but lacking the digital features. Note that you could feed the Marantz into the Pioneer (pre-out to line-in), but that might seem like a step down, not up...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom