? on modern Marantz pm 8500 or 15s2

joekapahulu

Looking at each of these as first foray into modern integrated. Live in HI so no chance to hear either but reviews seem positive. Any with real world experience can comment on either as to sound quality,?

I think you are referring to the PM8005 - unfortunately I havent heard it but I'm quite happy with my PM6005. All I can suggest to anyone willing to part with that kind of cash is to get on a plane - I suspect that everyone here has been disappointed by gear that had rave reviews but simply didnt meet their expectations. If you do have to buy without hearing the amp in question, ensure that you can return it within 30 days for a minimal restocking fee.

I sure like my SA15S2 SACD player. I've always wondered about their amps.

MusicDirect has a 30-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy, so if you buy from them and are not satisfied, they will accept a return without a hassle - they do it all the time and sell the returns as demos.

Might be a good idea considering your location.

I own the PM15-S2 and have been extremely happy with it.

I'm not one for Hi-Fi superlatives but it never ceases to impress me when paired with a pair of Dali Suite speakers. The combination is polite sounding, it will never offend anyone but can shake the windows when required.

Back
Top Bottom