advice for a grey area

noisemodule

Hi, I'd just like to ask the moderators and forum members: What's the policy on industry reps?

I find myself in a position where I'm not sure if full disclosure is necessary, appreciated, or discouraged when it comes to this question. This is a personal account and I don't want to confuse people, but much of the relevant information I have to offer the community pertains to a specific brand.

I just want to reach out to other users as an individual first and a resource second. If this were a forum hosted by my company, things would be different but since it's not, I don't know what the standard of etiquette is.

In other words, I'd like to participate as a normal member but am not sure how to draw an appropriate line between myself and my employer, as the forum rules state: one user, one account.

Any advice?

-noisemodule

I would leave this to the moderators only. Personally, I think a forum can not be taken seriously anymore, when people doing audio business involve.
In Holland, sometimes people making some review and quickly it looks like some try to promote something. a set-up or whatever you can call it.

Last edited:
welcome from new Zealand and any advice you could give me on my gear would be very good ,I guess all others would second that:thmbsp:

Welcome aboard. A moderator will define things for you, but it sounds like you've read the rules. Many members here are in the industry in one form or another. As long as your posts are not blatantly advertising your company, or contain links to your company's site, you should be fine. It's very much a common sense approach at AK.

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome.

gslikker, I appreciate your feeling. I'm not here to do business, so I don't think I'll be posting any "reviews".

bhundu, that's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for, cheers. I just haven't seen anyone in a similar situation (for example, an employee of a well know electronics manufacturer posting responses with pertinent information that is helpful to people) so I don't have a model to go on.

I know posters (not personally) on a different forum who are affiliated or have worked with Clavia DMI. Their involvement is pretty well documented and they are a major resource to that forum, so they are respected and can state personal opinions without ever pushing products. I'm completely unknown to most of the members here and have yet to get a feel for the community, so I thought it best to be respectful.

For the time being I'll wait for a moderator to weigh in before disclosing anything more.

Thanks again

You could send a PM to either Brett a or RayW who are the mods on the Introductions Forum. You'll find their names at the bottom of the page containing the introduction threads. Alternatively you could send an email to admin@audiokarma.org with a link to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom