Your #1 reason for hanging with us

What is your #1 reason for being on AudioKarma?

• The deals or pricing info

Votes: 6 0.7%
  • The technical knowledge

Votes: 370 43.3%
  • The personalities and friends here

Votes: 211 24.7%
  • The information on a specific brand or area of interest

Votes: 124 14.5%
  • Sharing my personal audio experiences with others

Votes: 144 16.8%

• Total voters
My main draw is the fact that the folks here share the same interest in vintage audio that I do. My brother and myself are the only people I know personally that share this love. AK is a great place for me to share my love of vintage with people who actually care.

Being here is one of the great pleasures of my life.

Thanks for being here. :yes:

Paul

For the most part it is the membership. While I often get my feathers ruffled I apprecieate the varied opinions and knowledge base here. Good people make for a good time. Thanks to all.

cubdog

good thread.:yes:

I kind of new so I cant say that much, but mainly its the only place it can think and talk about my hobby without others thinking Im strange.:sigh: Its difinately my favorite web site, and my favrite thing to do when im at home.:D :D :D :D :D I also have found many useful tips, etc, here.:thmbsp:

There are three reasons I am here:
#1. So I can learn more from others.
#2. So I might share what I know to help someone.
#3. The daily belly laughs. This place is funnier than Family Guy and The Simpsons put together.
Thanks to everyone here for making this place an online home and community.
Regards from Tom

Last edited:
Vote early, vote often.:scratch2: I want to vote for #2, #3 and #4. In addition to those choices, another choice that is not listed but would have received my vote would have been the desire to learn about vintage audio. While I may have grown up with a lot of gear that is now "vintage" audio gear, my personal experience was only with a very narrow segment of the industry. With a few possible exceptions, it was also not in the same league as so much of the equipment that I have been able to obtain recently and have been able to learn about on AK. I learn something new on AK every day!

The individuals that make AK the outstanding community that it is are the best!:thmbsp:

I found AK a while back while searching for information on vintage gear. I have found many audio forum sites but none have drawn me in like AudioKarma.

My original attachment to this place revolved more around being able to share information and ideas with like minded audio crazies. It's still about that, but it is now more about the friends that I have made here.

RC

Initially it was about the technical knowledge, and that is still very relevant. But my attachment to the site is now about the folks who constitute it.

I am very new here and don't really know anyone. But I am always impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone is. I appreciate the technical advice that is given so freely and because of it I am miles ahead of where I was a year ago in terms of understanding and attempting to fix my stuff. It's great to be able to talk about Audio without having to rein myself in after 30 seconds. And yes, the sense of humor here is great. I didn't cast a vote in the pole because each and every reason is equally important to me.

I found AK while looking for specific information on a vintage tuner, having previously lurked and posted a little at the "nuthouse" for two years or so. I found that the folks here were much friendlier, and it was moderated.

What keeps me here are the people, the laughter and the occasional tear. I learn something every time I log in.

AK rocks!:guitar:

If I had to choose between my AK friends, and my stereo gear, my house would be silent, save and except for the sound of my laughter and occasional tears, shared with my friends.

Back
Top Bottom