happy with yamaha

hello all put some oak cone feet on my as500 today and it has improved again awesome bit of kit love this amp :)

Attachments

• 2014-09-20 12.07.08.jpg
    2014-09-20 12.07.08.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2014-09-20 12.07.41.jpg
    2014-09-20 12.07.41.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 2014-09-20 14.16.47.jpg
    2014-09-20 14.16.47.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 52
Yamaha makes good stuff. Period.

I've got a boat, street bike, guitar, stereo gear, melodica, even my student recorder is badass.

Yamaha is quality all around. There isn't much they don't do well. Although, they teamed up with Soldano many years ago to produce a tube guitar amp that was not successful; I guess you can't win em' all:D

I love my Yamaha AS-500 amp with TS-500 tuner- just need to add the cd-s300 cd player and I'm pretty much "good to go" for life. Listen to it daily for at least 3 hours or more (I also have 2other stereo systems). LOVE YAMAHA

Last edited:
Yammy A-S2000

Just got her today the best sounding yammy I've ever had. I have the best wife in the world letting me put this audio gear in our bedroom.
I like it better than the CR 2040 and that is a fine receiver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Just got her today the best sounding yammy I've ever had. I have the best wife in the world letting me put this audio gear in our bedroom.
I like it better than the CR 2040 and that is a fine receiver.

Mine is also my bedroom system -matched up with pair of Klipsch RB-51II speakers. One day just for S&G's I tried it out with three other pairs of speakers (Boston Acoustic CR8's - Boston Acoustic CR6's & and some old Sony towers that I have). Ya know, that darn amp made them all sound good. Gotta love the Yamaha...:banana::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Mine is also my bedroom system -matched up with pair of Klipsch RB-51II speakers. One day just for S&G's I tried it out with three other pairs of speakers (Boston Acoustic CR8's - Boston Acoustic CR6's & and some old Sony towers that I have). Ya know, that darn amp made them all sound good. Gotta love the Yamaha...:banana::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Just wonderd what cd player you are useing at the moment you dont say ?
Bet it sings on those klipsch :)

Right now I am using a Toshiba DVD player for cd's untill I can afford a Yamaha cd-s300 cd player. Works really well. Just hooked up a Yamaha SW-215 subwoofer to go with the Klipsch and it sounds amazing. Had to turn the sub down pretty much (bedroom yaknow) but it fills in the low end perfectly. Wonder if there are any good Yamaha speakers that would perform as well as the Klipsch. Would love to have and all Yamaha system, Any suggestions for small Yamaha bookshelf speakers (sitting a top a dresser).?????

Right now I am using a Toshiba DVD player for cd's untill I can afford a Yamaha cd-s300 cd player. Works really well. Just hooked up a Yamaha SW-215 subwoofer to go with the Klipsch and it sounds amazing. Had to turn the sub down pretty much (bedroom yaknow) but it fills in the low end perfectly. Wonder if there are any good Yamaha speakers that would perform as well as the Klipsch. Would love to have and all Yamaha system, Any suggestions for small Yamaha bookshelf speakers (sitting a top a dresser).?????

I havent herd any of the yam speakers but ive had my doughters q acoustics on for a couple of days and they sound realy good for a small speaker.
If you get the cds300 let us know what you think i had a listn to the cds700 they a lovely player i dont think you will be disapointed :)

Another YamFan here. CR-620 and a A-S2000.
Looking at new pianos, and guess what's at the top of the list. :)

I havent herd any of the yam speakers but ive had my doughters q acoustics on for a couple of days and they sound realy good for a small speaker.
If you get the cds300 let us know what you think i had a listn to the cds700 they a lovely player i dont think you will be disapointed :)
I've thought about the CD-S700 but even the 300 has features that I will probably never use. Don't own an IPOD or even an ol MP3 player, Most of my listening is (on my Yammie system) is either NPR on fm radio or just some blues and jazz cd's. Have actually thouight of maybe looking into an older Yammie cd player that would come close to matching the look of my current system (if there is one out there <G>)

I've thought about the CD-S700 but even the 300 has features that I will probably never use. Don't own an IPOD or even an ol MP3 player, Most of my listening is (on my Yammie system) is either NPR on fm radio or just some blues and jazz cd's. Have actually thouight of maybe looking into an older Yammie cd player that would come close to matching the look of my current system (if there is one out there <G>)

I dont have mp3 eather so as you say the usb port isnt something most of us will need sound wise my arcam sounds great but as you say dosnt mach visualy at least not in sliver but a black one would be close i havent herd the older yam players but if they close to the new ones they should be pretty good but i havent seen any in the same stile

Been breaking in the new caps on my Heresy IIs using my backup CA610II and CT610II. These units never quite seem to rock my boat but, get close enough to make me hesitate disposing of them, yet.

The setup has been running about 18 hours a day for the past week. Two things have happened, 1) the HIIs are really starting to sound nice and 2) this is the longest time I have spent with the Yamaha on a set of speakers and listening on and off. I have the amp in direct mode so, passive preamp. With the HIIs, the dynamics are a shade constrained compared to when I engage the tone preamp but the improvement in sound outweighs the slight loss of dynamics.

After the burn in, I figure another full week of the same, I might just keep system as it is. It makes for an enjoyable sound with classical and Kittie obviously likes it. Daily she has been going downstairs, jumping in her dedicated listening chair (yes, my cat has her own), settles in and relaxes for almost the entire time it is on. If it is Kittie approved, it has to be good, right.

Have actually thouight of maybe looking into an older Yammie cd player that would come close to matching the look of my current system (if there is one out there <G>)

I use a Yamaha DVD-S1700 for cd's on the living room system which is a nice player. It is also a SA-CD player as well. Picked it up on eBay for pretty cheap.:yes:

Been breaking in the new caps on my Heresy IIs using my backup CA610II and CT610II. These units never quite seem to rock my boat but, get close enough to make me hesitate disposing of them, yet.

The setup has been running about 18 hours a day for the past week. Two things have happened, 1) the HIIs are really starting to sound nice and 2) this is the longest time I have spent with the Yamaha on a set of speakers and listening on and off. I have the amp in direct mode so, passive preamp. With the HIIs, the dynamics are a shade constrained compared to when I engage the tone preamp but the improvement in sound outweighs the slight loss of dynamics.

After the burn in, I figure another full week of the same, I might just keep system as it is. It makes for an enjoyable sound with classical and Kittie obviously likes it. Daily she has been going downstairs, jumping in her dedicated listening chair (yes, my cat has her own), settles in and relaxes for almost the entire time it is on. If it is Kittie approved, it has to be good, right.
WOW - sounds like a winning setupto me. And like you say "kittie approved" so you know you have a winning combinatiion.....:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

Absolutely LOVE my Yamaha speakers...makes most systems sound amazing.

Currently in the stable:
Yamaha
NS-1000M (2)
NS-690
NS-675
NS-645 (2)
Along with Pioneer HPM-100, JBL-4345

Back
Top Bottom