ADS 910 Stands

Jeff W.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Subscriber
I have recently purchased a set of ADS 910's lacking stands. I am interested in exploring the possibilities of making a set. I read that DENNYDOG either made a set or had a set made. I'd appreciate anyone that has a set measuring theirs and filling in some dimensions to the simplified drawing I have attached. I have lettered each critical dimensions to make it easier to list them. I'd like to make a set that could pass for the original, but they don't have to be exact. Any help would be appreciated! Actually I forgot one that would be helpful too. That would be from the top of "B" to the tip of the radius up to the left.

Attachments

• 910stand.pdf
    2.3 KB · Views: 162
I'll have to look for my angle finder. I think it might be over at my dads shop.

The original stands were made out of aluminum. The set I made was with steel. There was a lot of wasted material since I cut them out of a sheet with no welding. Aluminum would have been cost prohibitive making them as a single piece since there was a lot of wasted material.

I don't know what your plans are but you could make them with separate pieces of aluminum or steel bar welded together.

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about going the welding route with separate pieces of aluminum if not too expensive (probably will be even with rectangle/bar stock). Otherwise it will be welded steel. I'll publish a fresh drawing (to scale) here with dimensions when the information is gatherd in case others may like to do the same.

The 910 stands are actually 3 individual pieces. There are 2 side risers and a crossmember in the bottom back between side risers. The crossmember is
19 1/2" and has 2 allen screws holding it together on each side. "A" is 2".
"B" is 29" and is on a slight angle forward. Can't find my adj. square right now.
"D" is 15". Not sure what your "C" is. Also from top of "B" to "A" is 7". From top of "B" to center of screw hole for speaker is 6". I'll find my square and get the angles for you. The aluminum stock is 1" thick. Hope this helps.

The recommendation that Hifidelity1 made does very good work.I got two of their stands as shown on their site.:thmbsp:I'm jealous!

Hey All, thanks for your responses. I appreciate the link to the stand fabricator and the confirmation that they make a quality product. It certainly looks like a viable alternative (I was not familiar with them) should replicating the originals prove too costly.

Thanks for the dimensions yostie70! I will start to make a new drawing with what you have provided. The "C" dimension is to locate where the foot of the stand starts to become narrower (angle starts) down to the toe. 1" thick stock?!. That surprises me. That is mighty beefy. I thought I had read it was 5/8" stock somewhere before. I've also read there were two versions of the stands. Maybe one was thicker and the other thinner? If anyone could post some nice pics of theirs here it would be appreciated. Thanks again!

starting to take shape

I'm attaching an updated drawing next to the original that is taking shape thanks to yostie70's information. Would one of you please help me fill in the last few dimensions? I still need a length for "C" and angles for "E" and "G". Any other details would be appreciated in the form of photos or information.

Attachments

• 910stand2.pdf
    3.9 KB · Views: 64
A a few more dimensions please

I'm attaching an updated drawing that is right side up for easier viewing. Would someone be kind enough to provide the remaining unknown dimensions?
I would appreciate it :thmbsp:

Attachments

• 910stand3.pdf
    3.2 KB · Views: 30
Hey, Alright!

Thank you Denny! :banana: No need to be sorry, I'm grateful you took the time to help me (or anyone else that may want to fab these) and got a "round-tuit". Now I can make some copies that will be very close to the originals.

I really aprreciate it and I'm sure there will be others who will benefit from this being posted. When I get a chance I'll make a "formal" engineering drawing and post it here. Thanks Again! :thmbsp:

Updated Drawing

Here is an updated drawing for those of you who might like to build your own set. Every dimension is not there, but it should be enough that you could fill in the blanks. Any questions just PM me. I made them from three separate pieces then had them welded together to avoid the high material cost of making them "one piece". Aluminum is expensive! They are at the welder's now. I'll post some pics when I get them back.

Attachments

• 910standFinal.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 75
Can't wait to see them. Can you give an idea of what your final cost will be between materials & welding? When I got my 910's they came with a set of small wooden stands that elevate them approx.3" and a very slight lean back. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to pics.

Still in progress

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while here. Thanks for your interest.
I had shelved the project for a while as I got involved with some other projects.

All four legs are complete and I am in the final process of sanding them in preparation for primer. I will take some photos this week before priming them and post them here. I'll look back and let you know how much you might expect to spend on making a pair. An original set just went for over $500.00 on ePay!

Hello all, I have a pair of these ADS 910s that have been in my family since the '80s. I've basically completely restored them and they sound great.

My question:

What are the exact dimensions of the bushings that go between the stand and the speaker cabinet? These have been lost. I seem to remember they were basically circular pieces of rubber with a hole cut through the center that the knob goes through to screw into the cabinet.

I believe the dimensions I need are: Outer circumference, inner circumference (of the hole), and thickness of the bushing.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Interesting, thank you. I reached out to the proprietor of that outfit. If I get a response I'll put it down here.

FWIW, when I worked there, there was a whole pallet of stand parts, mostly sides but some crosspieces as well. We build up one to put with the L910 in the "museum". My recollection was that the sides were cast aluminum and not billet but I think the crossbars were, all in black wrinkle paint. And yes, it all went to a scrap metal dealer.

Back
Top Bottom