What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Not familiar with this artist, which makes it that much more interesting.:thmbsp:

Bobby Branca Volume I

Argent Records
A 101

Not found on Discogs.

Jones / Wess / Charles / Waldron
Olio
-Prestige- (Japan)

IMG_3196_zps8f672d6a.jpg

MI0000047512.jpg

Tower Of Power - "Bump City" US Warner Brothers 1st-pressing stereo LP (green label)

These Duals, man... People can talk all they want about annular thrust bearings, but the 1019 is one detailed mutha' 'effa'. All those little micro-details underneath are perfectly-clear. Plus, it's NATURAL-sounding, and it's got outstanding transient response. And it's gotta' be one of the most-musical turntables ever made. Goes beautifully with my Fisher and W90's. The three together make a devastating combination on classic-rock stuff.

So, why does it have to be such a PITA? Those damn cart-holders. I spent hours trying to resurrect the one I use for my M91/SAS, but that one finally gave it up for good, but I had another spare that looked mint, except I was having trouble getting it to fit. Solved that issue, got it to fit nicely (It has a hole in the center that it was catching on, and that had me thinking there was something wrong with it), and yet the thing is doing the same woofer-hum thing that the other one was. So I take it out and clean the terminals nicely with an eraser and checked all the wires to make sure they're plugged in tight, and... nothing. Still the same problem. And my soldering skills are what hammered the last coffin nail on the other cart-holder, so I'm not looking forward to screwing with such nice, tidy-looking connections. PAIN in my ass...

I love my Pickering V15 cart for a lot of my vinyl, but some of it needs a better tracker, and besides, I would rather not use the V15 quite so much since it's such a heavy tracker (I have it at a touch over 3 grams, which would be 2 grams without the brush, so it burns through styli a lot quicker than the light-tracking M91. Plus, I need the M91/SAS combo for the new mono Beatles LP's.

Sorry... Had tuh' get that out.

Last edited:
Rolling-Stones-Let-It-Bleed--Pos-319407.jpg

The Rolling Stones - "Let It Bleed" US London 1st-pressing stereo LP

Haven't played this version in a while, so I thought I would give it a go. I've been all-caught-up in that ABKCO LP, and for good reason, but I still like to play this once in a while (The ABKCO still destroys it on my system though... Better dynamics and more-3D-sounding).

Back
Top Bottom