Jeremy Justice Is the AK King of Idler Tables...But The Piggie Is Moving Up The Pack!

Mister Pig

Pigamus Maximus
There is definetly something to be admired for in good idler drive turntables. I have been fortunate to own this Thorens TD 124 for a couple of years now, and through some persistance I got it sorted out, and sounding quite nice. It is a lovely, lovely table.

But a friend of mine has had a Garrard 301 for a few years now, and it sounds quite nice when I visit him. A lot to be admired there....and he has a TD 124 in the living room......

A couple of days ago I opened Barterrtown and saw that a member is selling his Garrard 401 that has been serviced by Loricraft. The piggie started plotting. I said I wasn't going to buy it, but that thought wouldn't leave the back of my mind. I did some research, and after talking with the owner, I decided i couldn't let this one pass by. So I traded PM's with the owner, and we have come to an agreement.

Going to have to scramble to put the funds together, but I can squeak this out. Now I won't have a plinth or tone arm for this table, so it is going to have to sit for awhile. But at least I will have acquired the drive unit, and that is the important part. Sure wish I would have gotten on the idler train when these things were far more reasonably priced. Live and learn.

So now I will have a Thorens TD 124 and a Garrard 401, and all will be complete for me in the world of idler drive turntables. But I got one more acquisition up my sleeve that has got me really excited also....but more on that later.

Regards
Mister Pig

Last edited:
That's great you got the 401. Nice table. But there are a lot more Idlers to be had. :D My newest project is a Lenco Idler.

That's great you got the 401. Nice table. But there are a lot more Idlers to be had. :D My newest project is a Lenco Idler.

Actually I had thought about that for the ilder triple crown. But A Lenco is a major upgrading/restoration undertaking. I don't have the facilities for that....and the trimming of the pan is something to be carefully considered.

But if things come to fruition I am going to own 4 tables now. The Galibier Serac, the TD124, the 401, and a table to be named later that is in the works. I think my ever tolerant wife is going to be exasperated with the turntable stable once she finds out.....

Did I mention that these are undisclosed events?

Regards
Mister Pig

Here's a picture of my all original Bogen B62. Even has the original dust cover.

Attachments

• bogen 004.jpg
    bogen 004.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 398
  • bogen 005.jpg
    bogen 005.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 319
  • bogen b62 012.jpg
    bogen b62 012.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 292
.........and your "answer" is a rhetorical question about shoes, purses, scarves, etc? :scratch2:

i'm really not trying to start anything...but ......:smoke:

Hey this stuff is cheaper than a herion addicition....even though needles are still involved.

Regards
Mister Pig

Inside the B62.

Attachments

• bogen b62 002.jpg
    bogen b62 002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 86
  • bogen b62 001.jpg
    bogen b62 001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 76
There are several people who sell plinths on ebay. I read on another forum the ones from Moldova aren't bad.

Tonearm - has to be SME, surely?

Congratulations on the 401! I'm envious.

But you may want to keep your quest alive until you hear this:

Jes sayin'...:D

.........and your "answer" is a rhetorical question about shoes, purses, scarves, etc? :scratch2:

i'm really not trying to start anything...but ......:smoke:
She's a very practical person, something real special. I just can't get enough.

Why are people posting pictures of different turntables on this thread? The OP has bought a 401, so surely that's the topic.

What arm are you thinking for the 401? I think the visual of the ET would work nicely with the 70s style of that motor unit. If I ever pick up a 401 then I will probably put a Terminator on it.

Do you not think it's a bit unfair on the OP? I mean, you're excited about your buy, then others go on about with their supposedly better turntables. I'd be really p'd off.

Do you not think it's a bit unfair on the OP? I mean, you're excited about your buy, then others go on about with their supposedly better turntables. I'd be really p'd off.

He's been congratulated many times. Nobody is raining on his parade. Nobody is saying the other tables are better...they're not. Just having some additional fun. If this kind of thing really pisses you off you need to take a look at yourself.

Back
Top Bottom