Mid Ohio Audio Get Together/Swap

As it stands now, the Mid Ohio Audio GTG/Swap will be August 2 & 3 2014.

Location is TBD

Once we have a location, we will be posting here.

A little over three weeks away! Who's planning on coming? The daily iteniary is as follows:
:guitar:
:rockon:
:drunk:
:boxing:
:puke:
:boring:

Last edited:
Location, Location, Location?

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd like to attend at least one of the two days and have some gear to bring. Looks like we're close to two weeks out and no location yet. What's the word Kevin :scratch2: ? Inquiring minds want to know. :smoke:

Gear for sale or possible trade:

Sony TAN-8550 refurbished (all new caps) w/original matching rank V-fets and original owners manual.

AR-11's

Vandersteen 1b's

Mirage M490's

probably a few other goodies

I'll be there for some of the time, have something going on here that has to be done that weekend. I will probably have some pieces that I hate to let go but may end up having to do so.

I live in Germantown OH I would come just to meet all the fellow AK ers. Aug 2,3 is cool. I may bring something nice to sell.

So... I might have planned this for an awkward time of year. I have not had the time to properly plan for this event like I had intended. That said, I still want to do it and have a handful of goodies to wheel and deal with as well. I have two places that we can hold the get together. My home or my warehouse. My home has the potential for a couple of systems to be set up. Maybe three if we converted my son's room. AK member Marc originally thought his place would be a good fit and I still tend to agree but mostly because my home is in the middle of a remodel. Let's tops this shite together!!!

So just keep in mind the quantity of people that will show up. My buddy Phil had one of these every year and your turn-out may be larger and his entire block and area was clogged with cars. Just saying...keep in mind you may have 40 or 50 people. That said I believe that I am coming on Saturday for the day and will bring a pair of L1590's, details in BT.

Ok folks, time to be a community. Here's the scoop on the where: Originally Marc was going to host at his house but they sustained flood damage. Now, I have three options:

1) My home. I informed my wife that that might need to happen. She protested and then good naturedly surrendered. Her biggest concern was that we are in the middle of renovations at the house. I'm a dude and will be hanging out potentially with all dudes so I'm not too bent out of shape about that, but acknowledge the impracticality of that route. We can do whatever in the garage and back yard.

2) My shop. Its nice as shops go as it is maintained and clean-ish. About 2,250 square feet. Acoustics suck but we go literally run wild. It would be a great swap meet environment. We could BBQ, blast music etc. But it lacks amenity. It would be a bring your tailgate gear type deal. This is my first choice as I don't have to ask anyones permission.

3) My almost open retail store in the Short North. Hip and nice environment but its small 650 sq ft. and new floors. I'd have to ask my partner. If 12 people or so show up no worries. If 40-50 show up this won't work. At some point I definitely wanted to A/B/C/D some gear at the store to put together a good system for the space.

Here the community part. If someone in Central Ohio has a good place that seems more practical than the suggestions above please throw your hat in the ring. None of my suggestions have a good listening area and definitely not multiple listening areas. So we have options. Some better than others. Any thoughts?

I vote option 2 if nothing else surfaces for you sanity. You will get more folks that you think is my guess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Go for the shop....I may rent an appliance dolly and bring my 4435's and my MC2500 for demonstration purposes ;-)

Aloha guys.

I can probably make this. I am in the Columbus area frequently this summer for sporting events. I may even be able to bring a few rigs with me (no speakers) via baggage on United. Seriously, I can probably be there. Will watch the thread and keep an eye on date, time, location.

If you want me to, I can check and see if the Alladin Temple can house this venue near Easton in Columbus. I have those connections. Not sure they'll say yes, but it would be a nice huge hall for music.

Mahalo:
-Billy

Fellow Akers,

It is with some hesitation and regret that I must announce the postponement of the 2014 Central Ohio GTG. If all goes well we will not have to change the name to the 2015 Central Ohio GTG! In the end it had to do with the “where” part of the equation. There just wasn’t a practical solution. But other factors were a pretty big influence too. Due to schedules, I wasn’t able to garner any local support. While I anticipated doing a lot, I didn’t anticipate everyones schedules prohibiting them from helping out in some capacity. Moving forward, I know that I must coordinate with all the locals and test the waters to determine the best time for them and let out of town people see if it works for them after and go from there. In my desire to be democratic I did it the other way around and what happened was the there are a good number of out of towers that plan on making the trip but the locals have to attend to other commitments. In an effort to salvage the event after Marc regretfully let us know that due to flood he couldn’t host, I asked my wife for some help to pull it off. My son has a week between summer school and real school and my wife had planned a vacation for them out of town and she doesn’t want to have to get ready to go and host a bunch of friends of mine at the same time. I totally get that. In fact, she said she’d do it, but hesitantly so. I mulled it over for a good while and determined that it the stars just weren’t aligned. I’m hoping to rekindle the flames for this and get a date scheduled for a fall GTG. I hope this brief note properly conveys what all is happening and apologize for any inconvenience. My heart is in the right place but in all honesty I probably did a poor job of coordinating the event for personal reasons. My desire is to refocus and plan a GTG worthy of my fellow Akers!

What I want to do next is have a meal with Joon, Marc, Jose and Paul (plus other locals who have interest) and construct a heavy weight plan.

Thanks for al the support so far gang! I know this is going to be killer. If I hosted something next week it wouldn’t be an “event”, it would just be a thrown together thing and I don’t want that; I want to make memories and friendships. Stay tuned!

Yours in audio,
kevinmasters

Hey Kevin,
Sorry to hear about the change of plans, I actually had just been able to confirm I would be able to get the whole weekend off. All set to bring in a few things (regretfully!) even possibly my McIntosh pieces, a Technics SL-1700 turntable, Nakamichi amp, Aragon 24k preamp and hopefully see if Marc could take a look at my newly acquired AR XB. I was also going to look at some speakers (like I need more!). Maybe something can be worked out with Aladdin Temple, that would be a great venue with plenty of somewhat nearby housing and eating establishments. My place is small but I am willing to do what I can to contribute, you and Joon have been here so you know it can be limiting! I'll try to be more involved in the next effort.
Thank you for taking the first great steps!
José

Back
Top Bottom