End of headphone jack stuck in Kenwood 600

Daunia 70

Lunatic Member
I went to listen to the newly acquired Kenwood Model 600 integrated amplifier via my headphones,and to my utter disappointment they won't go all the way in for some reason.
From what I can see (with a torch) it looks like there's something metal jammed in tight (most likely a headphone jack tip).I tried for hours to pull it out with tweezers,long thin piece of metal,but sadly to no avail.There's just nothing whatsoever to grip on to.
I even took the cabinet off,but I can't even get to the headphone amp.
I was wondering is there anyway to get it out.

Pop the bottom off and see if you can dislodge it from the inside.

Worst case scenario, replace the jack.

Many thanks indeed for the info... It's very much appreciated.
I've just unscrewed the bottom plate off,but have come to this sort of hard wax substance amongst the wires/headphone amp,unfortunately I think it's beyond my technical capabilities,but once again many thanks for your kind help and expertise.

001_zps463d65d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
002_zps6ab1fc59.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You'll probably have to remove your aluminium faceplate to remove the old jack properly. Be carefull as It looks from your picture that knobs (that you'll have to remove first) have screws to untight them.

You'll probably have to remove your aluminium faceplate to remove the old jack properly. Be carefull as It looks from your picture that knobs (that you'll have to remove first) have screws to untight them.

To remove the knobs, the proper tool is a 1.5mm Allen wrench. There are two set screws per knob.

Back
Top Bottom