Yamaha DSP A1 overload protection ?

MJ Clemmer

Hel guys, I have a Yamaha DSP- A1 Home Theater receiver that goes into "protection" when it starts pumping (when a gun goes off, a sudden boom, loud bangs etc...) it isn't hot, it happens just when it needs to pump fast, or all the sudden.This happens when the dial is up near 9 o'clock or above (position all the way turned down is 6 o'clock turning counter clockwise. Kinda hard to explain. (Maybe il post a video on you tube ?
I am running 6 ohm Jamo for the main, JBL 8 ohm for the rears, a 8 ohm JBL center and a Cerwin Vega 15" sub. This unit rocked the house when I first bought it, never turned it up past half way, never needed to

) I love it and its the Champagne version with the rosewood sides. I think it's one of the best out there so I do not want to replace if I don't have to... Thanks for ANY help you can give me...mjclemm.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
Forgot, anyone repair these units ? If so, whee are you located? If not, anyone have a suggestion on where to have this repaired or looked at in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area ? Thanks again..mjc...

Go to the yamaha site and do a search for audio service center for your state and town. I use the one in Springfield,Il.

Back
Top Bottom