Yamaha a-25

bktheking

Gitter Done!
Picked this unit up on BT for a lunch, just tested it 8 ohm 1 khz and it measured in at 26.8 volts AC, that's 90 friggen watts!!!:music:

img5785q.jpg

img5786lj.jpg

impressive indeed. from an unassuming little black amp. I'm not crazy about the graphics on the face... but it's a very capable entry into the world of natural sound!

Find any dodgy parts inside?

I have had one for 20 years....just got off a chat with Yamaha....they have little on it. It is a 70 wpc @ 8ohms. It was made in the early 80s. That is all they have. And I know this is 3 years later....but I have been looking for good info on this thing for years and am going to tell everyone who asked what Info I just received

I have had one for 20 years....just got off a chat with Yamaha....they have little on it. It is a 70 wpc @ 8ohms. It was made in the early 80s. That is all they have. And I know this is 3 years later....but I have been looking for good info on this thing for years and am going to tell everyone who asked what Info I just received

Pretty sure that's the same as the Yamaha A-500, just for a different market
Specs here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/a-500.shtml

Looks much the same inside and out (you can compare it to the pictures above):
vollverstrker_309.jpg

Yamaha%2BA-500%2B1.jpg

Nice little amp, member Bratwurst7s here has posted lots of rebuild info in a few of his threads about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom