Yamaha CR-2020 Recap Questions

Jett_Brown

Natural Sound Listener
On the newly acquired CR-2020 I bought I'm going to do the SBs that have not been done, and have ordered the parts from mouser. I've decided I would like to recap it while I'm in there. I was wondering if anyone had a list of caps from mouser or somewhere else where I could place the same order, to make sure I get the correct caps. I've found Merrylander's list and I think I selected the correct caps, but I'd feel more comfortable if someone else has a list with part numbers or such.

Thanks for any help!
Justin

Did you cross the list with what is actually in your receiver? I think bk used that list and had a few discrepancies.
I used all Panasonic fc/fm... But the nichicon lines are fine too.
I don't have time to double check the individual caps just now, but as long as you compare to what is actually on the board currently... You should keep the uf ratings the same, voltage can be increased if necessary, and use 105° caps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I have the Yamaha repair manual. But I thought that I saw on another thread where a couple people had recommended a manual someone else had produced. I've tried to go back and find it and seems that I can't. Anyone know what I'm referring to or if there is a better one than the original Yamaha manual?

I don't know about any other manuals, myself, but I'm new at this.

I looked at your cart, and I didn't see any resistors, only transistors and caps. There are some fusistor and resistor replacements that are an important part of the service mods. Are you aware of these?

Steve

I don't know about any other manuals, myself, but I'm new at this.

I looked at your cart, and I didn't see any resistors, only transistors and caps. There are some fusistor and resistor replacements that are an important part of the service mods. Are you aware of these?

Steve

Yes. I had already ordered those, then I decided to just go ahead and recap it. bktheking sent what he ordered and done to recap his CR-2020, and I referrenced it to Merrylanders list also. So I placed that order today. I can't wait to get it running.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom