Safe Line Level Voltage from DAC into CR220

sreidvt

I'm setting up a second system now where I'm connecting an Audioengine D1 DAC into the aux. input of my CR220. The DAC has a variable output knob and maximum output is supposed to be 2 volts. Is that too high to send into the Yamaha? Should I go for a midway position to send about a volt?

Thanks.

Two volts is pretty standard. If you experience distorted sound, back it down a bit.

One more question for Avionic or anyone else who knows...

Should the sound quality of the receiver be the same with the DAC coming in through "tape in" instead of "aux"? I would imagine the audio path is the same quality for each, right?

Thanks.

One more question for Avionic or anyone else who knows...

Should the sound quality of the receiver be the same with the DAC coming in through "tape in" instead of "aux"? I would imagine the audio path is the same quality for each, right?

Thanks.

Yes..

Thanks once again Avionic. I looked at the path diagram and it looks like the only difference is that tape in comes in further down the path (after the selector and before the main preamp). Until I learn how to clean the input selector switch I'll run the DAC in through the tape inputs. I need to find a primer on cleaning the switches, etc. Selector, volume and loudness are all a bit dirty.

BTW, the sound quality from this DAC (Audioengine D1) is excellent. The maker says that the unit needs to burn in for 40-50 hours (I've done about 8 so far) but I've been listening to Duke Ellington at the Newport Jazz Festival and it sounds great.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom